Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Screen flicker when updating

Hello!One weird error in ASA is bugging me: ASA makes FS9 screen blink once. I can't say when it really happens, but I know its not happening when ASA is closed. Once it happened even while in manual refresh. But then the 2nd time not... So I can't really pinpoint the reason.Any ideas?

Hi,None by me, sorry. Let's see if anyone else pipes in here. Video drivers up to date?Thanks,

Jim,same here. When ASA is updating weather in FS9, I get multiple flickering. It is not hardware related because I have just replaced my computer (MoBo died) and it is exactly the same as it was on the old one. Before I had an nForce chipset based ASUS MoBo with an Athlon FX57, GeForce 7900GTX, now I have an Intel based machine with a C2D E8500 and a GeForce 9800GT. It is definitely ASA that is causing the flickering, because with ASv6.5 I do not see it (I am using both apps, 50/50)I cannot say that this flickering occurs on every weather update, but certainly on every flight. One more thing I noticed.... with accelerated time ASA seems to be struggling. "Fs location changed" or something like that appears on the main screen and ASA begins the new updating cycle immediately - even if it was right in the middle of one already. 2x is OK, 4x is not OK, I see lots of these messages. 8x is absolutely too much for ASA. EDIT: I forgot, video drivers up to date.Regards,Jure

I have found unless FS is sync perfectly with ASA time wise I used to get alot of reloading terrain data, so I have started using FS real time, this seems to have fixed that probelm for now. if FS is any more than a minute different than real time when its set to "Force Real Time" this will cause lots of reloading, so with FS real time and and set to " Force to Sim Time" no more reloads other than the 1st time when loading.

Yes I got the same thing in FS9 before I stopped using ASA and went back to 6.5. Difficult to say precisely what it was linked to but it often seemed to happen when the clouds were popping in and out.My video drivers are not Nvidia's latest but are fairly recent and have been totally stable with every other application. The latest are not always the best. :( Iain Smith

Just to answer, same here with drivers. Not latest, but recent, I believe 2 months old, I remember updating end November.

Hi all,There is a known unavoidable flicker that can occur in 2D panel mode in FS9 when a "Activate" of weather is performed with certain video cards. This happens approximately 30 stations into the initial weather depiction and then approximately every 10 minutes after. Sometimes changing your "Render to Texture" option in FS can eliminate this (make sure your graphics add-on texture installs are compatible with the mode you've selected).The same activate and flicker that I am referring to does indeed happen in ASv6 and any weather add-on using FSUIPC. You may not notice it at the same time, as the write processes occur at different intervals.Please experiment based on the above information and reply back. If there are any other unexpected things going on here we will investigate.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi all,There is a known unavoidable flicker that can occur in 2D panel mode in FS9 when a "Activate" of weather is performed with certain video cards. This happens approximately 30 stations into the initial weather depiction and then approximately every 10 minutes after. Sometimes changing your "Render to Texture" option in FS can eliminate this (make sure your graphics add-on texture installs are compatible with the mode you've selected).The same activate and flicker that I am referring to does indeed happen in ASv6 and any weather add-on using FSUIPC. You may not notice it at the same time, as the write processes occur at different intervals.Please experiment based on the above information and reply back. If there are any other unexpected things going on here we will investigate.Best,
There might be something here with the render to texture. I had it off until recently, where I discovered that at some airports, some aircraft (also PMDG, and only some liveries) would produce a CTD at 70% loading, so I activated the option, and I believe since then I have these flickers.