Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest grumbo

Download Speeds

I have been with AVSIM for a long time now and I think the content is great. However, over the past months I have been experiencing download speeds that hark back to the days of dial-up connections. Right now, I am downloading some AI packages at a rate of 8 Kbps and its taking for ever. Is this normal with an 8 Mbps system? Am I the only one experiencing this? Has AVSIM an answer or any constructive help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have been with AVSIM for a long time now and I think the content is great. However, over the past months I have been experiencing download speeds that hark back to the days of dial-up connections. Right now, I am downloading some AI packages at a rate of 8 Kbps and its taking for ever. Is this normal with an 8 Mbps system? Am I the only one experiencing this? Has AVSIM an answer or any constructive help.
You have to remember it does not matter how fast your internet connection speed is even if you had a 100 Mbps connection you are always at the mercy of the server you connect to. You can only receive as fast as the server sends the data, so if the server sends data at 3 bytes per second that is the speed you will get it at. But to answer your question we have had some technical problems lately and hope to get everything fixed shortly