Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle92395

Going to need a new hard drive for FS soon :)

Guest Eagle92395

Wow, I installed a texture or 3 today and realized that I'm at 11Gb of HD space used for FS2002!!!!! Man, I'm going to need a dedicated drive for the new FS I guess ;)Anyone have like 20 or 30 Gb of FS files???

hi,Well I just checked the size of my fs folder and it is at 11.2 gigs and thats the fs2002 folder alone I have a seperate folder with all the zip files install files and thats at 6.7 gigs... It seems like just a little while ago I had about 500mb of stuff for fs2002 ;-)Andrew

Guest Coneman

It's not on my hard drive but I've got 20 CDs full of addons, and I don't even download half the stuff available. My install of FS is around 8 gigs right now. I've got 4 gigs left on a 20 and about to add a 40g drive.Todd

My FS2002 folder is 10.9 Gb with 2.135 folders and 62.313 files... ;)I had no idea it was this big :-lolHugo

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Guest Eagle92395

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing what was suggested above and backing stuff up onto CD that I haven't used for a bit. And then if I want it, I can just grab it..Now to figure out how to organize me CDs :)

Guest Max Cowgill

Wow! How many addons do you guys have? I've got pretty much everything I need for FS (PIC 767, RFP 747, Airport 2k2 V.1, Meridian VA fleet, Squawkbox, FSUIPC, and FS Sky World 2k2) and that's really all I can see myself needing for FS, other than PIC A320, the PSS Dash 8, and some nice mesh scenery of course :) This all adds up to a meager 3.12GB which is quite manageable. -Max Cowgill

Guest outtatimeiii

I used to have 15GB for FS2002 alone on a 40GB drive LOL. I soon realized that I had to clean up because my 40GB was ..... filling up fast. Rather than having 15GB worth of planes and stuff, I took a few days and delete some planes I never fly. Managed to chop off 10GB doing that, I must of had a lot of unused planes :-lol . Made the game load quite a bit faster too it seemed like.

My FS2002 folder is currently at 5.58GB, but it only uses up 3.74GB of harddrive space because of NTFS compression.My Flight Unlimited III folder is 7.31GB, 5.81GB compressed so FS2002 is still not quite there :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest nutmeat

I'm currently sitting at 7.02 GB (5.89 on disk due to NTFS compression) for the FS2002 folder itself. BUT...with all of the scenery and other tools spread throughout the system, I'm estimating an easy 20GB supporting FS2002. That's OK tho, I have two 80GB drives so there is still lots of growth room:-) nutmeat

Mine is around 8.28 gigs right now. On own partition at 25 gigs. So there is still some space left... ;-)Etienne :-wave

>I must of had a lot of>unused planes :-lol .LOL!! :-lol I'd better also do that, although I really don't have as much as you had before... ;-)

Guest Eagle92395

Yeah, the reason I have so much space is I installed A LOT of mesh scenery. I also have Emma Field, GeoRender 1&2, and about 20 planes that I fly regularly, besides the defaults. I have a F-14, F-15 and A-10 that each take up a lot of room.

I'm only at 4.51 gig...on a 80 gig hard drive ;)

Guest Eagle92395

Start downloading!!!! Man, you are waaay behind :-bla