Sign in to follow this  
gator319

Strange video issue with Level D 767 FSX

I recently purchased the Level-D 767 for FSX. Been using the version for FS9 for years with no problems. I purchased the download version which I assume is up to date and right after takeoff anywhere, I get the following strange video issues. Nothing I do helps, I must exit out, reboot, and try again with the same results. I don't get this problem with the default FSX aircraft. I'm running Windows Vista (64) on an Intel Core i7 Extreme, 3.2 ghz, 8gb board memory, two Nvidia GTX 280 in SLI (I'm aware FSX doesn't take advantage of the two cards). I'm using the Nvidia 12-26-08 7.15.11.8120 driver. Initially, the 3D panel went transparent. Switching to outside view, the plane was transparent. All you could see was the outline and the wheels. Then the plane just went invisible, but engine sounds still there. The 2D panel seemed to work fine. After accessing the FSX menu, no changes made, coming back to the sim, I was looking at the below screenshot. Any thoughts?

181.20 and further. drivers are known to cause problems with FSX.I have been encountering random texture loss, FPS drops, FSX crash after "switch view" or "alt tab"I reverted to 2008 179.xx drivers and eveything is fine.

181.20 and further. drivers are known to cause problems with FSX.I have been encountering random texture loss, FPS drops, FSX crash after "switch view" or "alt tab"I reverted to 2008 179.xx drivers and eveything is fine.
Thanks, nooon. I'll look for those drivers and give them a shot. I did find a thread in the Official Level-D forum regarding this problem. However, the only solution found doesn't make any sense to me:http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=16215They suggested returning the OS back to a point before you installed FSX. Sounds complicated to a novice like me. Besides, don't we need all those windows updates?

Thanks, nooon. I'll look for those drivers and give them a shot. I did find a thread in the Official Level-D forum regarding this problem. However, the only solution found doesn't make any sense to me:http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=16215They suggested returning the OS back to a point before you installed FSX. Sounds complicated to a novice like me. Besides, don't we need all those windows updates?
Then it's obviously not related to your Nvidia drivers. >181.20 issues are from 2009. these posts are from March 2008. Different problem.Funny screenshots btw ;)

Then it's obviously not related to your Nvidia drivers. >181.20 issues are from 2009. these posts are from March 2008. Different problem.Funny screenshots btw ;)
EDIT well check drivers anyway. Check nHancer (is nhancer enabled, check SLI status in nhancer... just in case it's activated but shouldnt)

EDIT well check drivers anyway. Check nHancer (is nhancer enabled, check SLI status in nhancer... just in case it's activated but shouldnt)
When I looked at nHancer into the FSX profile & global, I did see an entry for SLI; however, clicking on the tabs showed SLI disabled. Strange. I checked allow override of predefined settings and was able to uncheck anything related to SLI. I couldn't figure a way to copy and paste the profile so the best I could do was export it and attach it here. With SLI removed from the nHancer line, I'll try this again before going into more drastic measures. Well it won't let me upload a nHancer exported profile so here it is in text form.
Why the reluctance to post to the thread in the Level-D forum? You have permission to post, you know? :(
No reason, DShutt. I've been with AVSIM for a while. Like I said earlier, I did find the "invisible" thread in the Level-D forum. It's confusing to a novice like me, but if all else fails, I'll give it a try.

Noon,You may be on to something. I just completed two flights (VFR) from KSEA to KYKM and return at dusk into night with zero problems. However, if I try to minimize FSX using the windows key, alt + tab, or alt + escape....it's all over. If I'm able to get back to the sim, everything is invisible. Not just the Level-D 767, but all aircraft, buildings, etc. That must be the trigger. Any thoughts?

i have the same problem....i am finally reverting over to FSX and i installed the Level D boeing 767. I loading FSX and selected the airplane and this is what showed up. I deceided to try loading at different airports and it was still invisible....Then i decided to change the time and date and the airplane only shows up when i am flying between dawn and dusk. Once dusk hits the plane disappears. I was trying to get into the Level D forums to post this but when i tried to assign my certificate numbder of purchase to the forum user name....it said it was already assign....but if it was aassigned i would be granted access to the FSX Level D support forum, correct?...so i went top the Flight1 costumer support to try and file a ticket because of the problem and when i hit submit it said the page no longer exists....this is my last resort because i am just tired of all the gliches i am running into....this alo happens with my PMDG 747...it seems every addon aircraft i buy has thsi problem.Thanks,Bryant