Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

Which Eaglesoft to get?

I am looking to make an addition of a good GA aircraft. The only payware GA I have is the Mooney. I have the Level D 767 and the Super 80 classic so that meets my needs for when I want to fly the jets but want to get another GA. I was looking at the Eaglesoft products and was thinking about the Cirrus Turbo or the Twin Comanche. Anybody have these and which one do you like best?Thanks, Jim

Jim Wenham

I am looking to make an addition of a good GA aircraft. The only payware GA I have is the Mooney. I have the Level D 767 and the Super 80 classic so that meets my needs for when I want to fly the jets but want to get another GA. I was looking at the Eaglesoft products and was thinking about the Cirrus Turbo or the Twin Comanche. Anybody have these and which one do you like best?Thanks, Jim
I have the Twin Comanche but I don't have the Cirrus. The Twin Comanche is my GA aircraft of choice also. It is relatively fast and has good legs, and has advanced avionics. The Cirrus on the other hand, can fly to higher altitudes and it too has advanced avionics. The cirrus is a single and Twin Comanche a twin. But you knew that. :)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have the Cirrus SR22 G3 for FSX. It's one of my favorites, it's a little harder on the FPS, due to the Avidyne cockpit - but it's quite flyable, 220 ktas @ FL250. A very fast GA planehttp://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CirrusSR22G2_G3T.htmAnother good product is the RealAir SF260 - also quite fast, excellent flight dynamics too.http://realairsimulations.com/flash.php?page=sf26007_intro

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have them both, but I would also go for the RealAir SF-260 first...

Bert

The twinkie is nice, but its lack of ADF/DME is a ball breaker for me (I don't fly in the USA, and where I do fly there are a lot of NDB approaches). Nevertheless, it's probably the best light GA if you want to fly long legs, due to its tip tanks and 7+ hours endurance @150kts. And if you need that second donkey...The SR22 is turbo normalised, so it's quite happy at FL160 and above. Here you'll be limited more by the capacity of the oxygen system than by fuel. I plan for 170kts true, and that works out pretty well. ADF linked in to the Avidyne, so I'm happy.As the post above mentioned the Marchetti (it's pronounced MarKetti - FS gets it wrong!), It's one of the first true FSX planes produced, but still one of the best. 175kts, aerobatic, ex military 2-seat trainer. Superb flyer, steam gauges that are as smooth and crisp as, low on frame rates. Well recommended.They are all superb aircraft, but each suited for slightly different roles. You won't be disappointed, but think about which best matches your mission profile as a first purchase.

Of all Eaglesoft product, which one is the most popular in terms of overall users?
If you consider one of the corporate jets, try the Beechjet 400.

Keith Guillory

The Cirrus Series, Piper Twin Comanche, and Citation X 1.0 and 2.0 followed by all the rest in no particular order :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks for all the imput guys! I got the SR22 Turbo. Very cool aircraft with lots of new things to learn now. I have been flyin around in it for the last couple of hours and love it. I informed my wife that she just bought me a Valentines gift. :(

Jim Wenham

Thanks for all the imput guys! I got the SR22 Turbo. Very cool aircraft with lots of new things to learn now. I have been flyin around in it for the last couple of hours and love it. I informed my wife that she just bought me a Valentines gift. :(
Very cool indeed. If you are into that kind of thing, the RealityXP GNS530 integrates perfectlyinto the radio stack for a really nice set of avionics..

Bert

Guest bjablonka

Ron, Your Citation X 2, is it out yet for FSX? Could click on the download button.ThanksBernd

Very cool indeed. If you are into that kind of thing, the RealityXP GNS530 integrates perfectlyinto the radio stack for a really nice set of avionics..
I have both the SR-22 and Turbo and Xl-2, I'd fly them a lot more if I could install the RXP 530 (or 430) into their panels, but I thought it couldn't be done due to all the integrated coding. Anything special need to be done to get the RXP working OK, the Avidyne display won't show the flightplan unless it's a FS2004 FP, which means if you change a SID or STAR the display won't update (for me, anyway). Love to get these working.Here's a thought, would Flight1's Avidyne install OK and play with the RXP530 and aircraft?Cheers, SLuggy

Sluggy, there is a long standing issue with the way RXP parses flight plans (Non Default.PLN Format) which does not play well with our Avidynes.If RXP changes its parsing to (Default.PLN Format) as required by FS SDK our Avidynes will display everything correctly. We build to Default.PLN Format only as required by FS SDK.Can't answer about the F1 Units.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png