Sign in to follow this  

DF737 FMS Error Help Needed

Maybe someone here can help,I've been having some trouble with the Dreamfleet 737 FMS crashing when I first try and activate it from the lower corner of the cockpit. The error first occured the other day, and wouldn't rectify itself with either a reboot or restart of FS. So, I reinstalled the 737 and managed to use it fine for one trip last night, however, the same error just occured again this afternoon. I don't want to keep reinstalling the program and hopefully someone can help. I've tried the DF forum but no replies there. All the particulars are below. Thanks in advance.Error message I get: Runtime Error 339Component DWSHK36.OCX or one of it's components is not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid.My System:Dell 4100 DimensionWindows XP SP1/PIII 1ghx chip/512 SDRAMRadeon Hercules 8500 128mb card

Aloha Takemy, and thanks for the suggestion and link, it helped with the riddle. I've did some investigating and turns out it was the Adware/Spyware detector program on my computer that was deleting the file DWSHK36.OCX whenever I ran a cleanup. It seems this is a file that drives a spyware program called WinWhatWhere. It is a keylogger spy program. After doing some internet investigating, it seems this file is also placed upon computers by Microsoft upon system install, for what purpose I can't detect. You can read the article here: http://www.spywareguide.com/product_show.php?id=28 And then read what this other debugging forum says here: http://www.webspeakster.com/keylogger_info.htm According to webspeakster.com, I did all the search methods they suggested and didn't think I'd find anything, it's a home computer and I certainly didn't install a keylogger. From what I was able to research and can understand from the articles, DWSHK36.OCX is a file called a Win-hook that links .Net together as well as other programs that need to talk to each other. Which would explain why the FMS wouldn't work after my spy cleaner program deleted the file, because it couldn't talk to the main 737 program. Webspeakster says if you don't find the actual spy program on your computer then it is safe to leave it on your drive and registry as other programs may need it to function (no kidding!). People who use security programs might want to take this into consideration. Some of them are too powerful. Still...kinda makes you wonder why Microsoft would use a file produced by a company call "SpyWorks". The name of the company that makes the DWSHK36.OCX file and many other interesting (and nasty) background products. Interesting indeed. But problem solved and thanks for your help and suggestion.