Sign in to follow this  
DF9AA

Saved flights

:( I had lots of approaches at several airports around the world saved - to practice approaches both for 747 and MD11 - after a long time I tried to load one and it failed. Aircraft was in the air - you could hear the engines, but the aircraft itself was COLD and DARK !!!I tried the next - same result.I am almost sure that this was the first try after the MD11 patch . . . I cannot understand why also the 747 savings would not work anymore ?Any explanations ?

:( I had lots of approaches at several airports around the world saved - to practice approaches both for 747 and MD11 - after a long time I tried to load one and it failed. Aircraft was in the air - you could hear the engines, but the aircraft itself was COLD and DARK !!!I tried the next - same result.I am almost sure that this was the first try after the MD11 patch . . . I cannot understand why also the 747 savings would not work anymore ?Any explanations ?
Hmmm, try this and see if that helps to initialize it 'View>Instrument Panel>Main Panel'/ Leffe :(

A couple of monthe ago I started a thread about the PMDG747 flight instruments going dark after a mid-air flight segment was saved and then later retrieved. It started out happening intermittently when I rertrieved such saved flights with the PMDG 747, but soon the instruments started off dark all the time, AND the landing gear failed to deploy when actuated for landing.This ONLY happens with the PMDG 747, and not any of the PMDG 737s, or with the LevelD767. I don't have the Md-11 yet, so it is interesting to hear that it also behaves similar to the PMDG747, with regards to this loss of instrumentation in retrieved flights that were previously saved mid-air. I'm glad to see another system showing the same symptoms by the PMDG747 and MD11, when mid-air flight segments are saved, and I sure hope someone can figure this out how this anomaly can be cured.

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

Just to make it clear:Before the patch I just loaded the saved flight and it was all clear to continue the flight - after a few seconds it was established at saved flight conditions, FMC was properly loaded. Most important: :( the logo light had to be switched on again . . . !I might add : I have also several C+D conditions saved - ALL are no longer C+D . . . all ready for T/O!I saved a couple of new C+D's ( after the patch ) - they are all fine! Something must have happened after the patch. . .?!