Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Stuttering FS9.1 with Vista

Hi,I had to install my OS all new over again. So, I decided to install Vista home premium 32bit.I have a AMD X2 socket 939 with 2GHz for each core. 3GB DDR1 400MHz and a AGP Nvidia GF7600 with 512MB and 4 x SATA drives.Befor I had FS9.1 running at WinXP pro 32bit and it did not stutter, just had a performance of about 3 to 6 fps when being ground at a 3.party airport like GAP EDDH or alike with lots of AI, terrain etc. and ASA for real weather. Now ith Vista I have about the same fps performance, but with a lot of stutter - every AI a/c and moving airport objects does not move, it jumps from stutter to stutter throu the view, no matter which view I use.Is this because of Vista? Any solution besides of getting a new set of hardware?Regards, Torben

Guest firehawk44
Hi,I had to install my OS all new over again. So, I decided to install Vista home premium 32bit.I have a AMD X2 socket 939 with 2GHz for each core. 3GB DDR1 400MHz and a AGP Nvidia GF7600 with 512MB and 4 x SATA drives.Befor I had FS9.1 running at WinXP pro 32bit and it did not stutter, just had a performance of about 3 to 6 fps when being ground at a 3.party airport like GAP EDDH or alike with lots of AI, terrain etc. and ASA for real weather. Now ith Vista I have about the same fps performance, but with a lot of stutter - every AI a/c and moving airport objects does not move, it jumps from stutter to stutter throu the view, no matter which view I use.Is this because of Vista? Any solution besides of getting a new set of hardware?Regards, Torben
The only "solution" I would recommend is defragging your harddrive. When installing a new OS and FS9, files are thrown all over the place. It is worse than I have seen in the past. You can download a free defragging software which maps where files are located. The Vista defragger does not show this mapping (probably on purpose as they don't want you to know how badly files are installed on a harddrive). If you have already defragged, then you're going to have to lower your FS9.cfg settings or, like you say, upgrade your hardware.Jim

TorbenWhat is your performance with everything stock? If it is much better, what does that tell you. Vista itself is not going to give you a fps boost. Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

The only "solution" I would recommend is defragging your harddrive. When installing a new OS and FS9, files are thrown all over the place. It is worse than I have seen in the past. You can download a free defragging software which maps where files are located. The Vista defragger does not show this mapping (probably on purpose as they don't want you to know how badly files are installed on a harddrive). If you have already defragged, then you're going to have to lower your FS9.cfg settings or, like you say, upgrade your hardware.Jim
indeed, after installing Vista and all Applications etc. I simply forgot to run a usefull defrag software. (not windows own one). I wonder if these stutter will go away as soon as I have defragmented my vista partition and every other as well...Actualy right now I do not have the money to upgrade my hardware - I would have to go high and expensive, about 300