Just got the CH Eclipse yoke. Anybody else who has one - what are you doing with the bindings?Not the obvious ones like throttle, prop, mixture, flight controls, but the other buttons.I bound the two toggle switches on the body to control cowl flaps and wing flaps. I thought about binding one to the landing gear, but the gear control in FSX is a single button, and you can only have one binding, so I bound that to the bottom center button on the front of the yoke for now (I still end up reaching for 'G' on the keyboard out of habit though).I left the top left hat switch controlling POV, but haven't decided what to do with the right hat, either rocker switch, or either finger button. I was thinking of leaving both the finger buttons for PTT for VATSIM, since I have toe brakes on my rudder pedals, and binding the rocker switches to be additional trim controls (I'm using the wheels for trim as well, but it's a bit awkward right now).I have no idea what to do with the other two buttons on the front of the yoke, or what to do about the mode switch and the possibilities it presents. Maybe set it up so I can control the timer?Ideas?

Hi mbertelson,>> Just got the CH Eclipse yoke. Anybody else who has one - what are you doing with the bindings?Not the obvious ones like throttle, prop, mixture, flight controls, but the other buttons.I bound the two toggle switches on the body to control cowl flaps and wing flaps. I thought about binding one to the landing gear, but the gear control in FSX is a single button, and you can only have one binding, so I bound that to the bottom center button on the front of the yoke for now (I still end up reaching for 'G' on the keyboard out of habit though). <<If you want to edit the standard.xml file, you can still split Gear Up and Gear Down. It's only that MS doesn't present it in the Control Assignments dialog. You need to modify the copy of standard.xml that's in your main FSX folder.>> I left the top left hat switch controlling POV, but haven't decided what to do with the right hat, <<Some people don't care for the trim wheels on the hub. The 4-way hat can be used as a trim button, serving the functions that both the rockers used to provide.>> either rocker switch, <<Well, the landing gear of course. I'm not sure what the other might be used for, as I recall it was used for flaps but on the older yoke, maybe that's a possibility?>> or either finger button. I was thinking of leaving both the finger buttons for PTT for VATSIM, since I have toe brakes on my rudder pedals, and binding the rocker switches to be additional trim controls (I'm using the wheels for trim as well, but it's a bit awkward right now).>> I have no idea what to do with the other two buttons on the front of the yoke, <<Well, they don't have much in the way of an obvious use I suppose, but "buttons is buttons" and FSX provides about 800 button (and 300 or so axis) functions if you're willing to edit the xml file. Surely something can be found. :)>> or what to do about the mode switch and the possibilities it presents. Maybe set it up so I can control the timer? <<Without the Control Manager running, it's basically just a 3-position switch. I've thought it might be useful for tanks or maybe starting. If you run a map, then it does control the Mode, basically tripling the number of available functions.It looks to me like the trim wheels (if you don't want to use them for trim) could be used to tune the and maybe select the radios. I need to play with that a little when I get some time. BTW, the trim wheels have a button under them that you can activate by pushing directly in, but that's kind of difficult sometimes. It seems to work much more easily if you push the wheel directly sideways, away from the center of the hub, rather than pushing "In" on it.So, FWIW. Maybe it will give you some ideas...Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com