Sign in to follow this  
BimmerCop

Importing flight plan into 737 PIC FMC?

I have looked EVERYWHERE and have not been able to determine how can I import a flight plan into the 737 PIC FMC. Does anyone know? I know that with the Level-D FMC, all you need to do is enter the flight plan's filename into the CO ROUTE field on the FMC, and if you have a file with that name inside the flightplans folder, it will load it.Anyone can help me please? Thanks in advance! :(

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

I have looked EVERYWHERE and have not been able to determine how can I import a flight plan into the 737 PIC FMC. Does anyone know? I know that with the Level-D FMC, all you need to do is enter the flight plan's filename into the CO ROUTE field on the FMC, and if you have a file with that name inside the flightplans folder, it will load it.Anyone can help me please? Thanks in advance! :(
First thing you do when you fire up FSX is make your flight plan and save it as xxxxxxxx. KFLLKFJK for example instead of the default "IFR blah blah blah to blah blah" that FSX wants to save as.Load up your flight and AC. type your flight plan name into the co route line xxxxxxxx and hit the request button. Should load right in.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Alright Feelthere,This is getting really frustrating now. Will there ever be a fix so that we have a no hassle import of flight plans? I've tried every method given throughout a multitude of forum replies but it has no solution.This is absolutely ridiculous. I've paid for this software and expect it to work :( Please provide a fix. I have the 737PIC for FSXRegards,Fred

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

It works in pretty much the same fashion as every other CDU: Crank up the APU so you have power, align the IRS, set the departure and arrival airports and then load up a flight plan you have created. About the only way it could it be any less hassle than that, is if you got someone to click the mouse button for you.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It works in pretty much the same fashion as every other CDU: Crank up the APU so you have power, align the IRS, set the departure and arrival airports and then load up a flight plan you have created. About the only way it could it be any less hassle than that, is if you got someone to click the mouse button for you.Al
Well, no matter what I try, it doesn't work so developers, please provide a solution otherwise I consider it to be a waste of money buying this product when a simple import function like this doesn't work.Oh well, I'll just wait for PMDG to deliver the 737NG for FSX

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

Guest 413X3

good luck finding an import function on the real plane... besides, it isn't that difficult to manually enter everything. just use one of the tutorials and next time you are handed a flight plan by fsbuild operations, you can punch it in directly into the fmc

Can I suggest you try 2 route planning sites:http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/http://www.simroutes.com/The first will find you a route bewteen 2 airports including airways (but not SID's, STAR's or transitions).The second can take that route, add the waypoints in an appropriate SID's [or other waypoints] MANUALLY and then export it into several formats, including: FS9, FSX, PMDG, Level D and 767PIC.Neither handles height or speed restrictions.Downloading an accurate flightplan into FS is probably most useful in that it allows you to synchronise your FMS with FS ATC, at least until it's time to land . It's not perfect, but it's the best way I have found.

ngxu_banner.png