Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jigsaw1

NEW Tileproxy BETA loading but grainy flickering disappearing tiles

Guest Jigsaw1

Just installed this package for the 4th time today and am getting no where. Used the TileProxy Quick Guide to get a grasp for what it is I am trying to achieve and set up my .ini file as suggested for the 1.1 Meter Resolution KeyWest samples provided in on the Guide Homepage. The DOS portion seems to be working, everything preloading n what not, then accessing individual tiles anywhere from 0- 488tiles/second. Im running Duo Core 2. And when I load up into KEYW, I was initially seeing nothing but black and boats crusing through my scenery layer on the ground since FSX was drawing this as water. Now I have gotten to where I can see the Satellite Imagery trying to be redered through the ground level...but its like grainy and flickering. In some areas the scenery is rendered in another LOD and others theres nothing like with just water appearing. So I'm hoping someone out there can tell me what am doing wrong so I can too enjoy this awesome imagery in the FSX world! I am eternally greatful for any help you can provide XD. See pic so you can get an idea of what im describing. thanx again.

Guest Jigsaw1

Another experiment to see if terrain with altitude was affected with the same problem. Below is a screenshot of Oahu, Hawaii, and as you can see the mountain ranges are showing up as water????? And the satellite imagery comming up is again, grainy or static looking ??? any thoughts its, Ed's .ini??? scenery cfg missing something? fsx.cfg seems correct??? i dont get it. why would i get good satellite imagery but not quite showing through. AVG AV disabled, firewall off. IM not filtering anything... help pls???

Guest Jigsaw1

ok so i tried moving all of my World_0000....etc. folders in the scenery library to the bottom of the list ie. spots two hundred something and the last one being around like hundred forty four or so based on the suggestion from another recent post "tile accesses 0". I'm still having the same problem. Dosent seem to matter where I put them I'm still getting Satt. data, it's still showing up in FSX, just not consistant or clear. Things I'm noticing:No "World_1102" scenery file exists??? Averaging 100 Misses per first "Free flight" load.Averaging 1400 Messages per first "Free Flight" load.Immediate area surrounding my aircraft seems to be consistantly projecting the satellite imagery; however is also the ONLY area where the data is 'static' in appearance.FSX covers non-satellite projected areas with water unless another tile layer is avaliable in generic form ie. LOD8 ( which is what is being seen "clearly" in the distance)Will continue to update as I try more things... lol I'm determined this can work on my machine XD...

Guest Jigsaw1

ALRIGHT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!!! WHEW THATS A RELIEF, no PUN Intended....wanna know what it was.....???????Guess......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................In the Scenery Settings Tab for Scenery Options theres a small box in the left hand corner it says "Land Detail Textures"...i had it checked, unchecked it ..................BAM CLEAR PIC! Heres a shot:Thanx alot for everything: Ed, Chris n everybody who had written on the avsim boards .....lol I'm determined what can i say.