Sign in to follow this  
Guest rdg

Beta 355 - SF260 Losing Power - Mixture and All is OK

Guest rdg

Really weird issue. I started losing power. Not an icing issue or mixture. The plane just loses power. Never experience anything like this before until ASA was installed. Flying the sf260.Fuel flow drops in the toilet. Then magically I get my power back. This is not an issue with the plane nor the pilot (-:RegardsBob G

Guest Wolfgang_H

Hi Bob, have you observed what temperature the TAT (Total Air Temperature) is?When the TAT in upper FL

Hello,Hans and Wolfgang, which version of ASA are you using, the release version or beta B355? We are looking into this.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Wolfgang_H

Hello Damian,thank you for your request.I use the Beta355 together with FS9. Regards, Wolfgang

Ah now that is interesting, as I saw the same thing in FSX with the Eaglesoft SR22 Turbo on a couple of flights from NW Scotland to the Midlands using ASA over the last couple of days, so it would seem that it possibly is ASA related. I can confirm that even though the SR22 is fuel injected this is of no interest to FSX and it still treats it as if it has a conventional carb, saying that even with carb heat on I still had almost no power after approximately 30-40 minutes in the cruise at 15000 which is an easy cruise altitude for the SR22 Turbo.I actually ended up getting a refund for the SR22 from Flight1 because I thought it was an issue with the plane :( Don't worry though this wasn't the main reason I sent the plane back for a refund, I had other issues with it too.

Cheers, Andy.

Hello,Hans and Wolfgang, which version of ASA are you using, the release version or beta B355? We are looking into this.Best,
Hi Damian, I use B355 together with FS9.Regards, Hans

Are any of you using FSInn? I know there is a TAT problem with FSInn over FL220 or FL240, where FS reports incorrect data and the FSInn weather code screws up. The solution for that is to disable FSInn weather. If you're not using FSInn, then maybe ASA is subject to the same shortcoming that FSInn's weather is suffering from. On second thought, that may just be in FSX, though. Hrmmm.

Guest rdg

Hi Everyone,Sorry, I started the thread and never got back in. I was working on another small issue with ASA with it not recognizing simconnect and FSX SP2. Damian personally worked throught this with me. I was really suprised to hear from the developer on this. He had it fixed and I am a happy camper.When I started having issues, I was a little worried I might be dealing with a company that you never hear from. One day there is patch, but you never really get to talk to anyone and never any feedback.You know some of those companies dont you?Thanks Damian!! RegardsBob

Same problem here with SF260, any solution?
i had the same issues with md-11 and f1 mustang, basically the in-sim TAT goes off the charts even though the metars in ASA look correct.i still have not found a way to reproduce the error with 100% certainty, only that it happens maybe in 1 of 5 flights for me.however, i was able to workaround the issue by disabling DWC setting in ASA. i did that and went back to FSUIPC for smoothing and i have not seen the temperature anomaly since. as another poster noted on one of the threads related to this issue, it seems like it might be a combination of thermals and dwc that causes the issue (i noticed also a lot of thermals in the log right before the temperature flips out.)in the meantime try disabling DWC maybe it will help for you alsocheers-andy crosby

Guest rdg
Same problem here with SF260, any solution?
I havent fixed it, and I dont have a clue. I checked the fuel line and filter but it all looks OK. Fuel pump gaskets look good and have plenty of vacuum. Bob
i had the same issues with md-11 and f1 mustang, basically the in-sim TAT goes off the charts even though the metars in ASA look correct.i still have not found a way to reproduce the error with 100% certainty, only that it happens maybe in 1 of 5 flights for me.however, i was able to workaround the issue by disabling DWC setting in ASA. i did that and went back to FSUIPC for smoothing and i have not seen the temperature anomaly since. as another poster noted on one of the threads related to this issue, it seems like it might be a combination of thermals and dwc that causes the issue (i noticed also a lot of thermals in the log right before the temperature flips out.)in the meantime try disabling DWC maybe it will help for you alsocheers-andy crosby
So, do you think it has something to do with ASA?Bob

So, do you think it has something to do with ASA?
oh, i'm certain, i've only seen this bug since upgrading from ASX to ASA and also it seems related to using the DWC mode in the options. i haven't seen the anomaly since i disabled that option.i think the fact that it is noticeable in certain planes when people are reporting it here is just a coincidence, related probably more to how many folks are flying those particular aircraft lately and also in some cases that some aircraft react to the temperature in ways that may not matter in others. for instance, in the mustang, a FADEC controls power rather than having direct control over the engines. when the temperature is suddenly 78F at FL290 the logic in the plane just doesn't know what to do in that situation (in real life i dont even know if such a temperature at that altitude is even possible) so even if you push the throttles all the way up it is trying to set derated thrust based on that temp and fails in spectacular fashion. i havent flown the SF260 but i think in general the power output on props in FSX is also affected by temperature and pressure so if the sim weather has wacky values there it would totally make sense that the power output would be weird. cheers,-andy crosby

I pretty certain it wasn't the temperature that caused the power loss in the aircraft I reported above, as the loss of power was very gradual, it took over 30 minutes in the cruise at only 15000 feet. The Eaglesoft SR22 shows the outside air temp on its Avidyne MFD and this never changed much at all in the cruise. The temperature suddenly rising was the second item on my check list when trying to figure out what the cause of power loss was, the first item being carb icing which is still present in prop aircraft in FSX because it cant model fuel injected conventional prop aircraft. i.e. you still have to turn carb heat on with the keyboard shortcut otherwise the engine fails in seconds when there is ice around.

Cheers, Andy.