Sign in to follow this  

Fs2k2 on 4.1 surround ?

Guest Ben

Hello ,I bought creative inspire 4400 4.1 speakers and they are greatmy question is does fs2k2 support surround ? i mean right now i can only hear the sound from my two front speakers ? is there any option to change it to 4 speakers?Another thing , i didnt get any programs with the speakers ? does anyone know a 3rd party tuner which allows me to configure each speaker ? (except from the default sound manager thing)Thanks ,Ben.

I don't believe that fs2002 does anything special with 4.1 or 5.1 speakers. I have a 5.1 setup and I have never noticed anything. You should at least hear sound out of all the speakers evenly once you get the drivers set up (see below)As for configuring the speakers, the drivers for your sound card might have something built into it. I think the creative sb drivers do.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Ben

Craig , thanks for answering my question"should at least hear sound out of all the speakers evenly once you get the drivers set up"Thats the thing - i dont hear anything from my rear speakers ?my driver has thing testing thing where i click a speaker and i suppose to hear a sound coming out of it... and every speaker works...I got ac 97` sound craddoes creative have a tuning software ?

Not sure about that sound card. If you hear sound out of them all, the driver should be ok. Not sure why you don't hear them in fs2002. In the drivers for both the soundblaster and the hercules sound cards, there is an option to pick how many speakers are present on the system.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

There is no software for speakers... Whatever sound card you use is where you'll find all the related software. In Creatives case (SB Live, Audigy, etc), the Surround Mixer is what controls the speaker setup. If you choose 4 speakers and use a stereo game (FS doesn't support any type of surround sound - its a stereo game only), the two back speakers will mirror the two front. Most all sound cards have the same type of feature in their own mixers.Good luck,Elrond---MS Flight Simulator Tips and TricksEnthused AVSIM Peon - with minor Bucket and Mop duties (they only let me roam near the AVSIM toilets!)