Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

Can someone with a i7 try this for me?

Guest Alphahawk3
My system has been up and running now for over 3 weeks and have never seen this problem untill today. I started a flight out of KASE this morning in my new SR22 turbo and while take off roll I was getting the worst stutters I have seen to date on my i7. I have been able to run everywhere I have flown so far with the following settings with great performance.All sliders on the left at max except 10 mesh and 2x waterMax scenery complexityvery dense AutogenAI at 59, 8 cars ....Well to get back to normal performance I have to turn down autogen to dense. Are all the trees is whats killing me. I tried different Bufferpools settings even going as high as 200 with no help.So my question is, can someone with a i7 (see my specs in my sig) go to KASE using similar settings and see what you get? Is it the airport or all the trees that is the problem? Also see if the 4 lights onto of the control tower are misplaced while you are there.Thanks, Jim
I have an 920 but it is only clocked at 3.5Ghz and my memory is only running at 1360 because of the clock....I have DDR3 1600....9600GT video card....so this is in no way an apples to apples comparison. I can't fly there with autogen set at that level. I have all my sliders maxed out and traffic usually stays at 54% and weather at max but no matter which plane I use...no go with the autogen at that level. I have had the SR22 for quite a while and I will tell you it will eat some frames....compared to a lot of other aircraft. I can only assume it is the great avionics package that is in the aicraft...and I do have their latest version. On my old P4 I could not use that plane at all no matter what my settings in FSX were. If I set autogen to normal I can get 30 being locked at 30. I wish I could get to 4Ghz on the 920 but even though my cooler is decent..the only one I know that might take it there is the True 120...I just can't risk it. That is one of the big differences between the 920 and 940 is the heat at that level. The lights do look misplaced. If I could fly out of there with autogen set to dense and get that kind of performance with the SR22 I certainly would not be disappointed. Regards

Thanks for looking at the problem with me guys! At least I know that that area has some kind of issue and not my computer.

Jim Wenham

Guest Nick_N
Thanks for looking at the problem with me guys! At least I know that that area has some kind of issue and not my computer.
The default landclass in this area and a few others in mountain regions lands textures that cover mountains with trees all the up to and over the alpine line. What I would suggest is UXT with SceneryTech or Xclass (with the xclass season file disabled) layered in the scenery library correctly as pointed out here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24965SeceneryTech however also fixes the rock texture blend with their lclookup.bgl replacement which is also good to have installed. Its there even when SceneryTech is not being used and makes ice and rock look much better. That should land a better texture layout of such an area and get rid of the trees well above the alpine line in many places.. which will in turn help perf. Yes the issue is trees however I am not seeing the problem here at all using the product mentioned 100% AG slider and I do lock frames in this area to 30. There are times however in rurals such as up in Canada around forests and in Scandinavia around forests where the AG slider needs to come down a notch for trees... we are looking at possible fixes for this with GEX EU in which may also help the USA/Canada at the same time since the same textures are called for mountains in both places. We have a direction in that fix but as of yet have not fully tested it.

Following this thread with great interest, since my i7 rig is due to arrive at the end of the week. Mostly I fly in the UK and Europe, but I suspect there might be similar issues with similar solutions.Nick, I've had my card out waiting for GEX EU so long, it's expired twice, and the bank went bust! I'd almost consigned it to the 'not in my lifetime' bin. Glad to hear you're still working on it... :(

Guest Nick_N
Following this thread with great interest, since my i7 rig is due to arrive at the end of the week. Mostly I fly in the UK and Europe, but I suspect there might be similar issues with similar solutions.Nick, I've had my card out waiting for GEX EU so long, it's expired twice, and the bank went bust! I'd almost consigned it to the 'not in my lifetime' bin. Glad to hear you're still working on it... :(
yes.. we are getting closer now ... will be sometime in the next 90 days if everything keeps moving as it has been. See the threads at Simforums for sample images and details on the purchase discount to GEX users

The default landclass in this area and a few others in mountain regions lands textures that cover mountains with trees all the up to and over the alpine line. What I would suggest is UXT with SceneryTech or Xclass (with the xclass season file disabled) layered in the scenery library correctly as pointed out here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24965SeceneryTech however also fixes the rock texture blend with their lclookup.bgl replacement which is also good to have installed. Its there even when SceneryTech is not being used and makes ice and rock look much better. That should land a better texture layout of such an area and get rid of the trees well above the alpine line in many places.. which will in turn help perf. Yes the issue is trees however I am not seeing the problem here at all using the product mentioned 100% AG slider and I do lock frames in this area to 30. There are times however in rurals such as up in Canada around forests and in Scandinavia around forests where the AG slider needs to come down a notch for trees... we are looking at possible fixes for this with GEX EU in which may also help the USA/Canada at the same time since the same textures are called for mountains in both places. We have a direction in that fix but as of yet have not fully tested it.
Thanks Nick, I will have to look into that but I must admit seem a bit confusing as I only have GEX right now. It looks like I got some reading to do. Looks interesting! This SR22 is a BLAST to fly around in. If I had the mula I would buy a real one in a heart beat!I know it is out there somewhere but can you direct me to instructions for proper set up of UTX? I am only using GEX right now. I think that UTX will be my next purchase.

Jim Wenham