Sign in to follow this  
jfri

So they got the Sandpit scenery in FSX now , what about FS9

I have purchased the Capt Keith's Sandpit scenery for FS9 and soon discovered that it's not compatible with Ultimate Terrain Canada which I use. And therefore the Sandpit scenery is useless for me. My thought is couldn't they have made it UT Canada compatible while they were developing the FSX version? I mean how many are using FS9 without UT Canada?

I have purchased the Capt Keith's Sandpit scenery for FS9 and soon discovered that it's not compatible with Ultimate Terrain Canada which I use. And therefore the Sandpit scenery is useless for me. My thought is couldn't they have made it UT Canada compatible while they were developing the FSX version? I mean how many are using FS9 without UT Canada?
It's a riddle pure and simple. Why on earth has this fine little airport not been made compatible with UT....? And still not even within FSX with UT(X). Under what rock does Capt. Keith lives :(

RobdeVries.jpg

It certainly is perplexing. This sort of niche scenery would likely appeal to exactly those people that use Ultimate Terrain. He certainly does himself no favours by disregarding those potential clients.

Graeme Butler

I have purchased the Capt Keith's Sandpit scenery for FS9 and soon discovered that it's not compatible with Ultimate Terrain Canada which I use. And therefore the Sandpit scenery is useless for me...
does the FS9 Sandspit scenery claim to be compatible with Ultimate Terrain Canada?

does the FS9 Sandspit scenery claim to be compatible with Ultimate Terrain Canada?
When it came out originally it had no mention either way. Now it states that it is not UT compat.That being said, with the popularity of UT it would really limit your sales I would think...

Sandspit is one of the airports included in the Pete & Sid's Viva scenery series (Sandspit is in Volume 1). This is freeware and includes hundreds of airports. I haven't seen Capt. Keith's scenery, so I can't say how it compares to ours. I think we got the general layout of the buildings about right, and I did make a custom version of the Sandspit terminal in Gmax (see pic). It's also designed to work with UT. What the heck....it's free. :(