Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest rdg

Advice on this Forum to reinstall FSX and SP2 - Hmmm

Hi, I posted a message here about a popup I am receiveing concerning simconnect and FSX SP1/SP2. ASA was not installed as a client. Is simconnect required if you are not running ASA on a client machine? If it is, then I can understand needing to install the simconnect msi.The advice I got was to reinstall FSX and SP2 or uninstall SP2 and reinstall it again. There is nothing wrong with my FSX install. Although it has not been installed on the same drive as the OS, the installation along with SP2 is installed correctly.If simconnect is not required for a non-client install, then the problem is with ASA, not FSXASA loads fine and even states in the message area that Simconnect is connected. It is communicating with FSX.Here is the exact MessageSimconnect Client SP2 not foundYou must have FSX Sp1 or Sp2 Simconnect Client installed in order to use FSX Mode with ASARegardsBob G

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bob,I didn't realize a connection was actually happening. Then it appears that the error message is improperly showing despite proper behavior. We haven't seen this before.Can you send me your full ASA log? damianc AT hifisim.com. I'll investigate and we'll try and get this fixed for this type of scenario.Thanks!

Hi,I would love to but cant find it. ASA installed on C:, FSX installed on D:. Did a search for *.log and *.txt. No luck.ThanksBob

Hi,C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\HiFi\ASA\ASA_Log.txtThanks!