Hello Everyone,This is just a quick update to let everyone know where we stand with the official SP1 patch.We are working through some final issues and hope to have an internal beta of our next build incorporating these last changes within the next few days. We are also working with PMDG to solve the S-turn wind issues. As soon as this is looking good we will open it up for public beta and get it officially released shortly after.I'd like to thank everyone for their great feedback and patience while we work things through.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thank you, for your hard work and dedication!Regards,Gerhard

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Guest johnz63

Hi Damian,Will this patch also address the DWC cloud shifting/popping issue?

Hi,Please see the documentation regarding this as well as several threads here on the front page of this forum. Essentially its a limitation of FSX in Global (DWC) mode, not a bug in our software. We are working on potential solutions but it is still too early to tell if we can do anything significant for SP1. With that said we just tried a new method which appears to work well to eliminate this but we are not sure yet that it doesn't have other associated problems.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

If it's an FSX problem when using global mode, then how come I still get cloud popping when I don't use global mode?

If it's an FSX problem when using global mode, then how come I still get cloud popping when I don't use global mode?
How often do you have ASA download new weather? If you have it set to something like 5 or 10 minutes then you will get pop every 5 or 10 minutes because FSX has to rewrite the clouds when ASA sends new weather to the sim (regardless of whether it has changed or not), or at least that's how I understand it.

Cheers, Andy.

I think I use the default 15 minutes. So you're saying I should try up'ing the automatic download time or should I just disable it altogether? Also, does my rate of weather change in FSX have any bearing on cloud popping?I'll try any suggestions because the cloud popping is the one thing that's keeping me from using ASA very much. I only use it right now for historical weather data flights. When I want to fly real time, i'm using either FSX's weather engine or REX's weather engine. I'd much prefer to use ASA more often.

I think I use the default 15 minutes. So you're saying I should try up'ing the automatic download time or should I just disable it altogether? Also, does my rate of weather change in FSX have any bearing on cloud popping?I'll try any suggestions because the cloud popping is the one thing that's keeping me from using ASA very much. I only use it right now for historical weather data flights. When I want to fly real time, i'm using either FSX's weather engine or REX's weather engine. I'd much prefer to use ASA more often.
Just another point for you guys to take a look at with the S-Turns with DWC, I fly the LDS763 and I too noticed that I was getting a lot of S-turning. Have you had a chance to test this out also. Like ASA, but have some issues with the wind turning issues.ThanksBob

Thanks for the update.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Also thanks for the update - will try it out when I return from Uganda in a few weeks.Meanwhile flying AF703 Abidjan to De Gaulle and watching England cricket match in West Indies (292-2 for those who understand) its a hard lifeJohn

Sounds good - does it fix ASA using cumulus clouds for the cirrus layer? (I get this quite often in FS9 and FSX).

Hi guys...Not to be a noodge, but how far off are we from SP1? I just re-installed Vista x64 on my semi-new build. Bought a new motherboard, memory and 700Watt power supply. I would like to install ASA SP1 right off the bat instead of installing the beta patch and then SP1 later.I guess what I'm saying is that I would like to have an idea so I know how I'm gonna install ASA on my PC. If it's still gonna be a while then I'll go ahead and install the beta patch, if not and it looks like SP1 will be released in a couple of days, then I will hold off and only install ASA solo and wait for the SP.Thanks for the great product and support!Robert

Hi Robert,I can say it will not be in the next few days. After that I am not sure.Thanks!

Hi Robert,I can say it will not be in the next few days. After that I am not sure.Thanks!
Ok Thanks for the reply...I'll go ahead and just install with the beta for now then...Can't wait to see the patch!Robert