Guest agentsmith611

Hi, I was the guy with winds aloft at surface problem. Anything over 1500MSL and I get no surface winds at all.Not to sound mean but your last post about SP1 does not sound very filling. The first post says a few days, I lookat a few as a single digit number. Now you say no update will be avail in the next few days, and after that you dont know.The better term would be a couple weeks or a few weeks.Most good computer programs are defined by being 100% operational on, A. The program itself B. Any software/hardware it was listed to work with.Updates are a very important part to this. I dont know if you notice, but lets take the biggest program of them all.Microsoft Windows would be broke and history if it were not for updates. Sometimes everyday a new update is availjust for a few bugs. So my point is, if your waiting on PMDG to give you info or something like that but you have the rest of the update ready, please just put out another beta or something. I also have the DA piper and that won't work because of the weather radar. This 3rd party software is not listed as working with ASA though, so I dont care, its really up to DA to fix that problem. I'm sure there are alot of people with normal bugs between your program and flight sim.It's prob a better idea to put out as many fixes as you do have as quick as possible if you want to be the next bill gates. Thanks, Paul

Guest Hingham2008
Hi, I was the guy with winds aloft at surface problem. Anything over 1500MSL and I get no surface winds at all.Not to sound mean but your last post about SP1 does not sound very filling. The first post says a few days, I lookat a few as a single digit number. Now you say no update will be avail in the next few days, and after that you dont know.The better term would be a couple weeks or a few weeks.Most good computer programs are defined by being 100% operational on, A. The program itself B. Any software/hardware it was listed to work with.Updates are a very important part to this. I dont know if you notice, but lets take the biggest program of them all.Microsoft Windows would be broke and history if it were not for updates. Sometimes everyday a new update is availjust for a few bugs. So my point is, if your waiting on PMDG to give you info or something like that but you have the rest of the update ready, please just put out another beta or something. I also have the DA piper and that won't work because of the weather radar. This 3rd party software is not listed as working with ASA though, so I dont care, its really up to DA to fix that problem. I'm sure there are alot of people with normal bugs between your program and flight sim.It's prob a better idea to put out as many fixes as you do have as quick as possible if you want to be the next bill gates. Thanks, Paul
I have to agree with Paul. I am trying to understand why this product is being supported more like freeware. Just doesn't make sense. Let's go with what you have to date for fixes and let us get some incremental value from your product. Shortly you are going to start losing your "audience".Dave

I am not sure what the PMDG S-turn problem is but wonder if SP1 will overcome the irratic wind speed that for me occurs often with the MD-11, so much so I have had to resort to using FS weather. I had the same problem running ASA with the Flight One Mustang. The wind speed fluctuates a few mph and that causes the IAS to be unstable generally messing things up. I have experienced it perhaps as much as half the time in a 90 minute flight. Peter.

Hi All,Just an update here. We are about a week to ten days away from a public release. We will not be releasing a fix list until the release is made public because things will remain fluid until release. We are attempting to fix as many issues as possible.Thanks,

Guest Skipy
Hello Everyone,This is just a quick update to let everyone know where we stand with the official SP1 patch.We are working through some final issues and hope to have an internal beta of our next build incorporating these last changes within the next few days. We are also working with PMDG to solve the S-turn wind issues. As soon as this is looking good we will open it up for public beta and get it officially released shortly after.I'd like to thank everyone for their great feedback and patience while we work things through.Best,
Hello Damian,I know I'm perhaps the one to need Non-IE Proxy Settings parameters under ASA (as it was under ASX) but is there a chance to get this in the next SP1? Best,Serge.

Guest grim_marmazet
Hi All,Just an update here. We are about a week to ten days away from a public release. We will not be releasing a fix list until the release is made public because things will remain fluid until release. We are attempting to fix as many issues as possible.Thanks,
I've just purchased ASA, and I think it's fantastic the work you've done, and for SP1. I'm very much looking forward to the fixes.I'm interested if you've made any headway with PMDG and the issues with the S-turns?Regards,Rik

Guest tae093

Is there any way to add an option for copy and paste any METAR we whant? :(

Thanks for the update.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hi,Copy and paste a METAR? I am not sure if I understand the request!Right now you can use the Wx Config Screen and pull up any METAR from any station worldwide and apply it to your current location and apply a specific range. I am not sure if this is the same thing as you are asking for!We are not adding features that are just now being offered, but please write this up and send it to tell-us(AT)hifisim.com and we will consider it for the future.Thanks,

Damian I hope with the upcoming update on ASA SP1 you can address the visibility issue. No matter what I select in the option menu I still get an intense hase layer at altitudes. I selected maximun visibility of 175 miles and still cannot see anything past 30 miles. Just to test the problem I activated FSX weather and all the haze went away, the same with ASX. i hope this problem has been part of your testing. If you need anything else on this issue please post a note and I will do what every to help clear this up.ThanksBob Johnson

Damian I hope with the upcoming update on ASA SP1 you can address the visibility issue. No matter what I select in the option menu I still get an intense hase layer at altitudes. I selected maximun visibility of 175 miles and still cannot see anything past 30 miles. Just to test the problem I activated FSX weather and all the haze went away, the same with ASX. i hope this problem has been part of your testing. If you need anything else on this issue please post a note and I will do what every to help clear this up.ThanksBob Johnson
Same here, although Im getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 80NM at altitude. I have FSX Global Texture set to Max along with ASA Upper Vis at 175NM. This would indeed be a nice fix for SP1.

Ryan Kelly

Same here, although Im getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 80NM at altitude. I have FSX Global Texture set to Max along with ASA Upper Vis at 175NM. This would indeed be a nice fix for SP1.
I have the same settings as you also, what is troubling to me is that ASX works just fine. You guys have been the best and I hope you find out where this issue is with ASA.Bob

I think ASA does some remarkable things, but the cloud popping has got to be fixed. It's certainly a deal breaker for usability.

I think ASA does some remarkable things, but the cloud popping has got to be fixed. It's certainly a deal breaker for usability.
I agree, it is a really terrible flaw.