Sign in to follow this  
JHepburn

Aileron Deflection Issue

I'm having an issue with my aileron's "sticking" in a right bank after the control column is brought back to center. Most importantly:1. This only happens with MD-11 (fs9) -- also tested on PMDG 747 and Level-D 7672. Checked deadzone appropriate via windows driver3. Checked FSUIPC calibration4. Joystick disabled in FS9 and all run through FSUIPCSo, here is what happens. If I deflect ailerons to the right and return control column to center, the yoke in VC still shows a right deflection. Adding left aileron fixes the issue. Interestingly, the external visual model and Config page show NO aileron deflection (i.e. it disagrees from VC yoke), but the plane does roll to the right. This happening to anyone else? Thanks!Jeff Hepburn

If it was FSX I'd say make sure advanced animations are checked, I think the closest thing in FS9 is the display settings for aircraft. Make sure you have them set high.What about your system? If the 747 works fine then the MD11 should be a cakewalk.

Dan Downs KCRP

If it was FSX I'd say make sure advanced animations are checked, I think the closest thing in FS9 is the display settings for aircraft. Make sure you have them set high.What about your system? If the 747 works fine then the MD11 should be a cakewalk.
Hey Dan,My system is solid and all settings are maxed in FS9. I don't care as much about the VC yoke, but I do care about the continued uncommanded right roll even after I bring the yoke back to center. EDIT: Here are a couple of videos. #1 - MD-11: http://www.vimeo.com/3214818#2 - LDS767 (same scenario without issue): http://www.vimeo.com/3215715Thanks!

Hi, I can't reproduce the problem here with my CH-Yoke. The plane stops turning immedeately when releasing the yoke and holds the current bank angle. Maybe there is a problem with your control sensitivies or a too small zero zone. Jan-Paul

Hi, I can't reproduce the problem here with my CH-Yoke. The plane stops turning immedeately when releasing the yoke and holds the current bank angle. Maybe there is a problem with your control sensitivies or a too small zero zone. Jan-Paul
I have a feeling this is going to be one of those random items that no one can reproduce. I've checked and double checked null zones and calibration. Additionally, it would affect both aircraft and not just the MD-11.The only two things I've done recently are switch to widescreen panel and install some liveries...nothing I would imagine that could affect control surfaces.

A quick update:This definitely only affects the MD-11. I've tried the following:1. Uninstall/Reboot/Reinstall2. Setting null zones in windows almost all the way to the stops (screenshots)3. Turning LSAS off via overhead panel4. Tried PW pax and freighter modelsNothing seems to be working, and it's driving me bananas! Is there code that intercepts and/or joystick inputs to accomodate LSAS? I'm at my wits end :)

Also try disconnecting the yoke game controller... see if you still have same symptom without it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Also try disconnecting the yoke game controller... see if you still have same symptom without it.
So, it seems to be an issue specific to using FSUIPC to calibrate my yoke with the MD11. My existing setup has the FS controller disabled and all axis assignment/calibration is done through FSUIPC. If I enable my controller in the sim and use the game rather than FSUIPC, then all is well for that axis.I tried deleting my fsuipc.ini and starting over, but the issue still remains. I guess I'm forced to use the sim to handle all of the axis, and I'm not really sure how/if that will work.Thanks for the help!