Sign in to follow this  
Guest sidewinder

Airbus 330/340 panel!

Guest UweR
http://www.flightandfun.de/html/airbus_flybywire_.htmlThe project has been in the works for years, with many promises made... Anyone cares to be amongst the first to order it (or already has)? After that Wilco fiasco I would like to see some opinions first before I spend a dime on another Airbus package.Cheers, Uwe

Well Uwe, at least it is now available ;-) some, what 12 months since it last was announced here on avsim.If it lives up to the hype then it should be in a class of its own, however other aircraft have boasted 'tested by RL pilots' and still got complaints in the forums.Like you I will let someone else try it out first :D

I'll just sit back and wait and see what others say.Apollo took some shots at PSS's airbus, arrogantly boasting how good their Aibus product was last year, then we heard nothing for a year. So they got a lot to live up to with this product.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Claviateur

yes me too I will wait for feedbacks about it from users or reviewers. I might then get it only if the Fly By Wire is well rendered. If so, I will use it with my Project Magenta displays...But I see the price a little on the high side. Almost the price of FS itslefCheers

Hello Uwe,Where do you see that it is a 330 panel????All the web pages show "320/340" - no where is the A330 mentioned that I see. I would hope it is a typo - but that would not increase my confidence in the product either.If it is not designed for the 330 then it would conceivably be no more adept in simulating it than the PSS panels is (not that the PSS panel should be either).I do hope it is a good product and can work in the 330 - but that does not seem to be indicated anywhere yet? Please correct me if I am missing something - a 330 panel is something I would love to see.Joe L.Philadelphia Hub ManagerCarolina OperationsVN7 Network

Joe Lorenc

Humm, it's hard to judge without having the product in hand. I really like the "World wide dynamic color terrain radar". FBW is very hard to implement into FS but if they can do it, I would not care about the exterior much but more about the flight dynamics/preformance issues. I still look forward to Anticyclone's A340 package, it is not being published by Wilco but by the developers of the A320. It will not contain a virtual cockpit but a 2D main cockpit. They will not be limited by time or certain development limitations and I know they are very good at what they do. Only time will tell.[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Guest Ice

some screenshots of this software would be coolClear skies, Happy landings!!!

Ok, no offence meant, but to be honest:For one year, the graphics really look like crap, sorry. Anyway, that terrain radar idea is somewhat great in principle, but the rendition... Could've been maybe a *tad* more hi res, look at the screenshot.And I am in doubt this thing will have *much* more than PSS, well, PSS already made a neat FMS, neat overheads etc. stuff,so the only things I could imagine which could be *really* new, maybe some more FMS stuff like the "offset" thingy which lets the aircraft fly a certain amount of miles off to the right or left of the airway, maybe some more stuff on the overhead/systems simulation side, and obviously the FBW.But, as Claviateur else said earlier in this thread, I'm also thinking the price is a bit large-scaled.Etienne :-wave

Guest Ice

sooo, you have this product?Clear skies, Happy landings!!!

Nah. :-)By the way, Icy, got your PM. But that was nuffin else. :-)Regards,Etienne :-wave

Hi all,In a german forum the first person brought a copy of that apollo FBW-A340 sim back home from the AERO in Friedrichshafen (kind of air show/exhibition) and wrote a first review there.Since I think most of you cant read german I try to give you a short summary.He wrote the A320 model is the Project Airbus model and the A340 model is unknown to him.The panel can aliased with other aircraft too and is not bound to the delivered aircrafts.The panel does have an overhead panel which is unfortunately completely dummy. So no complex switch procedures for "cold-and-dark"-Fans. Also the MCDU does not simulate Cost Index and Offset.Beside this he wrote that Fly-by-wire is nearly perfect simulated. So real Airbus Fans will not be disappointed - so he says!To make that clear, in this Forum this quoted person is known NOT to be an official by Apollo. So he can be held as neutral user.Hope this helps you a bit. But anyway its the best to wait for some more people to test as International Orders are only possible in the near future.GreetzLars

Guest Ice

Can you post some screenies?Clear skies, Happy landings!!!

Guest sidewinder

yeh some screenies would be nice - could u ask that guy to post some