Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Is it possible to program a keystroke-macro in FSX?

I've found that one of my favorite scenery areas, Victoria+, can at times bog down my systemwith framerates suddenly dropping into the single digits where they then remain stuck.A way to recover is: alt, f, s, tt, enter, alt, f, l, alt-f.This is: Save the current flight under some name "tt" and re-load this flight and go fly..Every time, this restores the framerates back into the 20s or right up to my fps lock of 30.Now what I wonder is: Can I assign a key to the above set of keystrokes, so I only have to hit a specific key or key combination to execute it?Secondly, I wonder what it is that I am clearing when I do this and if there is a simpler way to accomplish it.

Bert

I've found that one of my favorite scenery areas, Victoria+, can at times bog down my systemwith framerates suddenly dropping into the single digits where they then remain stuck.A way to recover is: alt, f, s, tt, enter, alt, f, l, alt-f.This is: Save the current flight under some name "tt" and re-load this flight and go fly..Every time, this restores the framerates back into the 20s or right up to my fps lock of 30.Now what I wonder is: Can I assign a key to the above set of keystrokes, so I only have to hit a specific key or key combination to execute it?Secondly, I wonder what it is that I am clearing when I do this and if there is a simpler way to accomplish it.
You most likely could program key strokes into your controller. Or maybe get some software like game commander and just speak into a mic to control the sim.

Bert,I wonder if the "Refresh Scenery" key Event would do the same for you. There is no default short cut key assigned to it but you could assign one in the Settings-Controls -- Buttons/Keys. There is also a "Aircraft (reload)" key event you might try.Ron

You most likely could program key strokes into your controller. Or maybe get some software like game commander and just speak into a mic to control the sim.
I have a Logitech keyboard.... that might just work...
Bert,I wonder if the "Refresh Scenery" key Event would do the same for you. There is no default short cut key assigned to it but you could assign one in the Settings-Controls -- Buttons/Keys. There is also a "Aircraft (reload)" key event you might try.Ron
I believe I tried the "reload scenery" but let me try both..

Bert

I've found that one of my favorite scenery areas, Victoria+, can at times bog down my systemwith framerates suddenly dropping into the single digits where they then remain stuck.
The slowdown is usually caused by running out of video memory. Although "save and reload" can fix the problem temporarily, it is better to avoid it by reducing the video memory usage. Here are some settings you could adjust to recude it:1. Texture Quality2. Scenery and Autogen Density3. Level of Detail Radius4. Antialiasing level (VGA driver)PS. You can use Rivatuner to monitor the video memory usage.