Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigdbronco

brighter city lights

Guest bigdbronco

I have done a search but havent quite found what I was hoping for, so I will ask.It seems like city lights at night are too dim, compared to real life, except for "down town" areas or city centers. It seems in real life you can see a city from 50 miles away or more, but in FS9, you can hardley see them ,even when flying right over them. Is there a way to brighten up these files to a more realistic brightness? A bgl file to change maybe? Thanks.

Hi, bigdbronco.I think that you nave to modify the Textures to get brighter Night light. Another way to do it is look here at AVSIM Library for a file posted by OneThinSoldier, a texture / file that I created a long time ago, something like Litroads? And make your Freeways, and the city look brighter. If you cannot find it post here and I will get if for you. PS. I found it, and posted in here, just download it and install it,. Click on the .zip at the bottom of this message. TV

Guest bigdbronco
Hi, bigdbronco.I think that you nave to modify the Textures to get brighter Night light. Another way to do it is look here at AVSIM Library for a file posted by OneThinSoldier, a texture / file that I created a long time ago, something like Litroads? And make your Freeways, and the city look brighter. If you cannot find it post here and I will get if for you. PS. I found it, and posted in here, just download it and install it,. Click on the .zip at the bottom of this message. TV
Thanks for the file! I will give it a try.

GuysThe main problem with night lighting in FS is the fact that it's based on ground textures which only (or mostly) show upwards. If you have a flat city and you are looking at it from 50NM away, no matter how bright you make the textures they will not look real.3D lighting effects in FTX and Ultimate Terrain help with this somewhat but they have other problems (such as killing autogen). Autogen building do not appear far enough to create realistic night lighting effects either.So, my pessimistic view is that realistic night lighting simply can't be done in FSX/FS9, unless we have real 3D lighting effects.

GuysThe main problem with night lighting in FS is the fact that it's based on ground textures which only (or mostly) show upwards. If you have a flat city and you are looking at it from 50NM away, no matter how bright you make the textures they will not look real.3D lighting effects in FTX and Ultimate Terrain help with this somewhat but they have other problems (such as killing autogen). Autogen building do not appear far enough to create realistic night lighting effects either.So, my pessimistic view is that realistic night lighting simply can't be done in FSX/FS9, unless we have real 3D lighting effects.