Sign in to follow this  
ger

overclock q6600 with p5k de luxe

Hi guys, hope you can helpToday i was trying to overclock te q6600.I was in the bios , set the jumperfree configuration to manual , the cpu ratio control to 8 and fsb to 400.After a restart the fsb was still 266 in cpu-z and the multiplier at 6, only when running prime the multiplier was moving to 8 and returning to 6 when i switched of prime.After checking in the bios i saw that the fsb was set at 400 but in cpu-z 266 wich is default speed.What am i doing wrong and why is it in cpu-z 266 instead of 400 in the bios and why does the multiplier goes from 6 to 8 instead of staying at 8 wich i set in the bios ?Thanks in advance?Best regards,G

Try disabling EIST and C1E.Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest D17S

The Q6600/GO will go to 3.6Ghz. First, get a good CPU cooler. The Thermalright Ultra 120 works fine. Now reset All bios settings to default/auto. Now set the FSB to 400 and the CPU core voltage to 1.45v. That's it. boot and run. Speedstep will drop the multi to 6X under no load and to 9X under load. Leave that "On." 6x400=2.4Ghz is plenty for emailing.

The Q6600/GO will go to 3.6Ghz. First, get a good CPU cooler. The Thermalright Ultra 120 works fine. Now reset All bios settings to default/auto. Now set the FSB to 400 and the CPU core voltage to 1.45v. That's it. boot and run. Speedstep will drop the multi to 6X under no load and to 9X under load. Leave that "On." 6x400=2.4Ghz is plenty for emailing.
ANDIF your system crashes you might have to flash the ROM

Guest D17S
ANDIF your system crashes you might have to flash the ROM
Hopefully that won't ever be necessary. However a miss-set bios can lock-up the system. If this occurs on a P5K mobo (and the bios will not reset), remove all but one stick of ram and reboot. The bios will reset. From there, just try again.

Thanks guys , i read different topics about this via google and it seems that there are many problems with this board when it is cold, when it is "warm"everything works fine and is normally booting.When i use it the first time of the day i switch it on leave it run for 10 minutes , switch it off, unplug the power cord, plug it in again and then everything works fine.It seems there are more people with the same problems with this board.Thanks ,G

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70
What Kinda of temps should you see at 3.6? I did the above to my q6600 and at MAX load was seeing 68-70c. Is that too High?

Guest D17S

Tj (temperature at the individual cores) will start throttling CPU clock at 95C. It will shut down the CPU at 100C. Prime 95 temps can be into the 80Cs. FS will run a Lot less. Expect ~ 70C Tj. Note, it's normal to see 10C temp splits between the cores. Tc is an average of the Tj minus about 15C. So, if Tj average is 85C, Tc will be ~ 70C. Tc is the spec Intel advertises. Just be aware of the difference.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70
Tj (temperature at the individual cores) will start throttling CPU clock at 95C. It will shut down the CPU at 100C. Prime 95 temps can be into the 80Cs. FS will run a Lot less. Expect ~ 70C Tj. Note, it's normal to see 10C temp splits between the cores. Tc is an average of the Tj minus about 15C. So, if Tj average is 85C, Tc will be ~ 70C. Tc is the spec Intel advertises. Just be aware of the difference.
D17 THanks That was the most clear and concise explaination of Tj I have heard. !