Sign in to follow this  
Guest sirjones

BGL language again

Guest sirjones

Hi allPlease tell where can i get good BGL language reference. I had viewed 'Scenery SDK.pdf' docfile from FS SDK 2000 but i'm not quite understand BGL workflow. Im interested primarily on aircraft design and i still not understand what a 'BGL_VFILE_MARKER' instruction does and how variables organized in BGL. The 'Scenery SDK.pdf' doesnt provide a good information about it. Please, if you can, help me!!!

Hi,If you are interested in aircraft design, I guess the scenery SDK might not be the best place to start looking.But maybe you can start by explaining why you are trying to work at the low level of the BGL opcodes. For most design work that is not necessary at all. And as you figured out there is no good documentation at this level as well.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest sirjones

I am using FSX and i have a lot of old legacy bgl files with splendid aircraft models that hard to find and that i want to move to FSX with my own improvements (the FSX format is more clear (but, of course, relatively - the further versions may be more clear)). On the other hand im interested in a single tool for importing/editing/exporting models directly in Gmax without crowds of trifle discrete utilities.

Hi,There is no tool that can load MDL files directly into GMax.For scenery I am working on a tool that can convert old objects into FSX MDL files, but aircraft MDL files are (not yet) supported by my ModelConverterX tool.But even if you could convert the geometry, getting all animations, etc to work again will always remain a lot of manual editing work. An aircraft is just too complex to automatically convert without errors.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest sirjones

Arno, please tell where can i get more info about ModelConverterX?

Hi,

Arno, please tell where can i get more info about ModelConverterX?
On the FSDeveloper website the tool has a special forum:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Arno