Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

x52 for fs9

Hi all. I am running both fsx and fs9 under vista 64my x52 runs perfectly under fsx , the only issue is that when i am taxing or on the rolling on the runway the nosewheel is a bit too sensitive.in fs9 however, the nosewheel continually goes to the left Once in the air it works perfectly. I tried to adjust the sensitivity but that does not work. Has anyone seen this before. Im not sure if it is a adjustment or a driver issue. How do i adjust the axis that controls the nosewheel. The nosewheel steering just has a mind of it own!peterpkofman@rogers.com

What assignment are you using for nose wheel steering on your X52?
Hey thats a great questions, where should i look, im not sure i assigned anything to any button or control. I just used plugged it in and it worked in fsx but messed up in fs9.?I would appreciate some assistance with the settings. thankspeter

Open FS9 and at the main menu and first choose Settings, Realism. If you want your rudder and nosewheel to follow your stick twist axis, uncheck Auto-Coordination or if you want it to follow with your roll (bank) check it. Initially uncheck it. Next, choose Settings, Controls, Assignments, Joystick Axes. Make sure Enable Joystick is checked.There will be radio buttons, one for normal and one for slew mode and I recommend you check out both. I do not know if you are using the Saitek software which might redirect certain assignments but first choose the correct controller in the dropdown at the top of the window. Then choose Control Surface Commands assuming that you do not have separate pedals. The X52 I think is a four axis stick (roll, pitch, yaw (twist) and throttle. You should find a rudder entry on the left side scroll after you click Change Assignment. Select it and twist your stick. If you have entries for stick button or key assignments rudder yaw left or rudder yaw right, deselect those. Do the same for your roll and pitch axes.OK everything. Now the rudder should work with your twist unless as provided in Settings, Realism you do not have Auto-coordination enabled. If you do, rudder will follow your roll (bank) control. That's your choice.

Open FS9 and at the main menu and first choose Settings, Realism. If you want your rudder and nosewheel to follow your stick twist axis, uncheck Auto-Coordination or if you want it to follow with your roll (bank) check it. Initially uncheck it. Next, choose Settings, Controls, Assignments, Joystick Axes. Make sure Enable Joystick is checked.There will be radio buttons, one for normal and one for slew mode and I recommend you check out both. I do not know if you are using the Saitek software which might redirect certain assignments but first choose the correct controller in the dropdown at the top of the window. Then choose Control Surface Commands assuming that you do not have separate pedals. The X52 I think is a four axis stick (roll, pitch, yaw (twist) and throttle. You should find a rudder entry on the left side scroll after you click Change Assignment. Select it and twist your stick. If you have entries for stick button or key assignments rudder yaw left or rudder yaw right, deselect those. Do the same for your roll and pitch axes.OK everything. Now the rudder should work with your twist unless as provided in Settings, Realism you do not have Auto-coordination enabled. If you do, rudder will follow your roll (bank) control. That's your choice.
Thanks, that was very helpful. Just so you know the settings you suggested overrode the x58 settings so it worked,As well, I also had the auto coordination set to on. That was really helpful and ive been at this long enough i should have been able to work through that fix. I however drew a blank! Age!!!!!Thanks for the help