Sign in to follow this  
marcom

Incorrect TRK calculation on ND

The TRK display on the Nav Display does not take the Beta angle into consideration.Example: you are flying at a heading of 270 with no wind and you apply full left rudder (ouch) and right aileron your heading will match track. Now anyone with some real flight experience can tell you during side slipping that clearly ain't the case :( RegardsMark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Blame the simplistic air file that has to be used in MSFS. Try the same test in a C172, be interesting if there is a different modelling. I wouldn't expect it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Blame the simplistic air file that has to be used in MSFS. Try the same test in a C172, be interesting if there is a different modelling. I wouldn't expect it.
Nope, its not an air file problem, its just that the wrong variable is displayed on the ND / the calculation is incorrect.The true trajectory does differ from the displayed value so the airfile is behaving more or less correctly (MSFS has huge problems with sideslipping but it does model it some what). If you have the level D 767 try it out for yourself, it is correctly displayed there.

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Hi, this is something for SP2, even the 737 and the 747 do this correctly. Jan-Paul

Probably open a can of worms here but....Isn't the MD11 a Navigation Display and the B767 an EHSI ?I would have thought the ND wouldn't display the beta angle just the navigation track and a HSI would!John Ellison

Probably open a can of worms here but....Isn't the MD11 a Navigation Display and the B767 an EHSI ?
Tomato Tomaaato I guess.

Hi, the wrong track diamond is still present after the patch. It should display the aircraft's track over the ground when you do a sideslip. Currently it is linked to the HDG bug, which is wrong. Jan-Paul Schuchna