Sign in to follow this  
Warren

REX

Hi guys: I was just wondering if anyone has tried Real Extreme Environment yet, and if so how is it on fps. Wou8ld appreciate your input if you have used this product.Thanks and happy flying.WC

REX is a great product, and there is a Service Pack coming up for it. The most FPS drop you will experience is 1-3 FPS, but it's well worth it.You'll love it!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Certainly a lot of us have tried it and are using it. With the exception of their weather engine, it's a great add-on. The best for water and clouds (despite the FEX clouds being also very good). The next REX version coming up is said to fix the weather engine, so i would say go for it.Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

REX is a very nice product. On my system, using REX wave animations for the water results in a pretty signifigant FPS drop (around 30%) over the default wave animations. I'm sure many people might also see a performance hit with the highest resolution cloud textures. However, there's certainly plenty of great stuff here and enough configuration options so you can optimize it for your machine. Some of the dusk/dawn sky textures are just gorgeous.

Guest fly93

It may be a wonderful product but you will need the better part of the day to download it. In fact it may take several days to download it. I bought it and after several hours was still not up to a quarter of the files downloaded. :( It looks like what I would want but when the download starts and stops, then hangs forever, one has to wonder if it is worth all the trouble. if you are looking for help from them it takes up to 48 hours. I did not feel as if I was dealing with professional people here. A lot of people have had no problems with any part of it but I was not one of them. Bottom line, you pay your money and take your chances.Good luck,Dave

It may be a wonderful product but you will need the better part of the day to download it. In fact it may take several days to download it. I bought it and after several hours was still not up to a quarter of the files downloaded. :( It looks like what I would want but when the download starts and stops, then hangs forever, one has to wonder if it is worth all the trouble. if you are looking for help from them it takes up to 48 hours. I did not feel as if I was dealing with professional people here. A lot of people have had no problems with any part of it but I was not one of them. Bottom line, you pay your money and take your chances.Good luck,Dave
Hi Dave, so sorry you've had problems d/l the files. It is rather large and at almost 4GB it's bound to play havoc for some. I know the Flightsimstore had a hiccup the last couple of days, and know they are working or have already worked out the issue.Again, sorry.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest fly93
Hi Dave, so sorry you've had problems d/l the files. It is rather large and at almost 4GB it's bound to play havoc for some. I know the Flightsimstore had a hiccup the last couple of days, and know they are working or have already worked out the issue.Again, sorry.
I realize that it is a huge file and it takes a while to get, not a problem but is is more like the whole system has shut down. I went to the REX site and looked at the forum there. Seems the product has a lot of bugs in it as of late, the first response is that it is the fault of the person who d/l the file. Seems like a shoe string outfit that has a great product but need to hire someone to help get it out to the public. The problem still is there and here I sit wanting this program--sigh! Tomorrow is a new day and I will what happens then.Dave

Hi Dave,Adrian from The FlightSim Store here. I am sorry to hear that your download is taking so long and I can understand that you might feel that the time it's taking is unacceptable. But we're here to help. Just remember you are trying to download over 4GB of data over an internet connection. This in itself can often be quite a task for many users regardless of how reliable or high speed their internet connections are. I am not sure if you've read my support threads in the REX forums or not regarding connection issues with the FSS2Go download tool. If not please shoot over to the follow forum and give the suggestions there a try to see if we can improve that download rate, even momentarily.http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?board=19.0If this doesn't help you please submit a contact ticket with The FlightSim Store at the following URL and we will get back to you with a few more suggestions. Be sure to mention that you've gone through those posts at the REX forums so we don't inadvertently repeat ourselves to you.https://www.flightsimstore.com/contact_us.phpDave, we are very willing and able to help you work through your issues and I look forward to hearing that you've got this awesome product successfully installed and running.

Cheers, Adrian

fss-forum-sig400x60.jpg