Sign in to follow this  
patcal

Can't access file library

Guest crashingbill001
It's 05:41 GMT and still no access to library from Europe :(Gentleman, please inform us of any changes to this situation.Thank You
07:30 GMT (here in Belgium); still no libraries. this will give us a hell in departures and arrivals

:( All my aircraft still fly?? It's just going to be hard to explain to my VA why I'm flying a Western Airlines 707-300 freighter between Moscow and Karachi?? :( Hope the file library re-opens soon or I'll be flying a LAN MD-11 from Karachi to wherever! :( Vic

Guest RDS

I doubt the forum will be back online for a little while longer, not until the DNS has been refreshed.

How about an update on this situation, Tom?
Tom is sleeping now. :(
The server is being reset as I write this. We requested a reset at 12:30 this afternoon, and they are now getting to it. Not the normal course of events, to say the least. We'll be back online shortly.
I think more is going on than a simple reset. It is there early morning now, so, I hope they soon get the thing back on line.

Tom is sleeping now. :( I think more is going on than a simple reset. It is there early morning now, so, I hope they soon get the thing back on line.
The reset last night did not work. We will get our technical people over to the servers this morning and we'll get a further update out to everyone when we know what's happening.

The reset last night did not work. We will get our technical people over to the servers this morning and we'll get a further update out to everyone when we know what's happening.
Thanks, TomThese posts full of impatience only elucidates how precious the AVSIM library is for the FS community.Cheers

Thanks, TomThese posts full of impatience only elucidates how precious the AVSIM library is for the FS community.Cheers
Rob, yes, we do realize the library's role in the community. The thing I am missing most though is avsim email. That server is also our mail server, so none of the staff are connected at the moment.

Guest luciferhawk

Tom,Good to know that the team is on to this matter, hope your server is up soon.Cheers!

Rob, yes, we do realize the library's role in the community. The thing I am missing most though is avsim email. That server is also our mail server, so none of the staff are connected at the moment.
i think the avsim comunity is one of the back bones of flightsim and i thank the people that run this, and Tom thanks for the answers, it can't be easy to coardinate people white the email servis down.and to the rest of the people just have patience, i think the avsim staff has enought to fix the server. it will be back when it's back, it dosent help to complane thats it is down all the time.Happy flyingsA.R.Pettesen

Thanks for sorting this out Tom! :)My first thought was that there was something wrong with my internet connection which wouldn't have surprised me, but that's when found this topic yesterday or so. But it amazes me that people can be so impatient, especially when they know that the problem has been identified and is in the process of being remedied.Thanks for the fantastic service guys! :)All the best,Philip.

I'm not sure everyone was impatient -- after Tom's notice that they were just waiting for a reset, I for one kept waiting and waiting and waiting, and then the forum site went down for a while. Personally, I only posted once, but knowing that Tom and the rest of the staff didn't have email, and with no further updates forthcoming it seemed normal to me that people from other parts of the world would post that they still didn't have acess. Personally, I only posted once but I think most were really just trying to find out what was going on . . . nobody seemed to be rude or impatient to me.But then again, I wasn't the one responsible for getting the servers back up either! :( Oh, well, it's up now and all's well that ends well.