Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael_2

Couple of Issues

Guest Michael_2

I really like this program and I don't think I could go back to any of the alternatives at this point.But I have do have some issues with it -- hopefully the developer reads this board and could address these in the next update.There could be greater flexibility or options in how call signs are dealt with. I don't see why airline call signs need to be one word. "Aircanada" comes out OK with some voices, but is quite bizzare with others. TWA is pronounced phonetically as if it was a word by this software and sounds so bizarre I can't use it. Perhaps it could be changed to recognize caps as letters? My other problem is that the vecotoring for jets is too tight. I understand a previous version had the opposite problem -- perhaps some middle ground could be found? At times, the final vector and then the clearance onto the localiser/glidescope come so fast that by the time I have acknowledged the last vector I have already overshot the localisor beam and have to dive onto the glideslope at an absurd rate of descent. This is all with addon aircraft and I wonder if Voxatc is recognizing them as turbojet airliners. Is there some entry in the config file for an aircraft that Vox looks at to determine how to treat that particular plane?

Guest Lion

Hello Michael,The pronunciation of call signs is not an easy matter within the speech engine, use of the AT&T voices might give you a better result but some names will be pronounced not exactly the way you would hope for.The vectoring does not differentiate between the type of aircraft used. Maybe you where coming in too fast? Tegwyn tends to test that at about 200 knots. He will have made changes to the vectoring to bring you down sooner and clear earlier for the approach in the next version.Hope this will help you,LionBeta tester

Guest Michael_2

Thanks for the reply. Glad to here there will be an update. I have tried slowing down and it does help, although sometimes I am ordered to speed back up to 250kts! I have also tried to be more agressive in the final descents before intercept, which helps. It's workable, but I think it could be improved and it sounds like that will happen.

Hi Lion I noticed that the AI traffic miss the runway centerline on VOR DME approaches.I found this at runway 35 of LPPR.Is this issue already identified by the developer? Thanks,jcarvalho

I really like this program and I don't think I could go back to any of the alternatives at this point.But I have do have some issues with it -- hopefully the developer reads this board and could address these in the next update.There could be greater flexibility or options in how call signs are dealt with. I don't see why airline call signs need to be one word. "Aircanada" comes out OK with some voices, but is quite bizzare with others. TWA is pronounced phonetically as if it was a word by this software and sounds so bizarre I can't use it. Perhaps it could be changed to recognize caps as letters?
If you have installed the ATT voices you can modify pronunciation by the speech engine. There is a dictionary located in the ATT / data folder. I created a shortcut to it on my desktop. Besides correcting words such as Kingair I also changed pronuncitaion of phrases. US Air Force -Air Force, usair- U-S- Air, etc. To fix the TWA pronunciation open the dictionary and click edit / new word. Type TWA into the word window and click on lips to right. You will hear "twah" Now type T W A with spaces between letters in the Sounds Like word: window. Click on the lips and you should hear T W A. Now click the <T> button to generate a phoneme which you should paste into the phoneme window underneath the original TWA. Save and exit dictionary. You should now hear the desired pronunciation with VoxATC running. Good luck.

Guest Lion

Hi jcarvalho,The issue of AC missing the runway centerline on VOR DME approaches at LPPR is passed through to the developer.This problem is due to aircraft not being lined up with the runway quite enough on the approach. If the aircraft runs off the runway on landing, it may taxi on the grass to it's parking. It should be fixed in v5.60,Thanks for the feedback,Lion

If you have installed the ATT voices you can modify pronunciation by the speech engine. There is a dictionary located in the ATT / data folder. I created a shortcut to it on my desktop. Besides correcting words such as Kingair I also changed pronuncitaion of phrases. US Air Force -Air Force, usair- U-S- Air, etc. To fix the TWA pronunciation open the dictionary and click edit / new word. Type TWA into the word window and click on lips to right. You will hear "twah" Now type T W A with spaces between letters in the Sounds Like word: window. Click on the lips and you should hear T W A. Now click the <T> button to generate a phoneme which you should paste into the phoneme window underneath the original TWA. Save and exit dictionary. You should now hear the desired pronunciation with VoxATC running. Good luck.
Hi all As per the post above from 'dbrucem', I have some Vox ATCx voice pronunciation problems I would like to modify in the speech engine mentioned above. The post said "There is a dictionary located in the ATT data folder". I think I have found the dictionary file 'en_us.dict' but I cannot open the file with a .dict extention. Can anyone tell me if this is the correct dictionary file and if not how to find and open it please.Thanks Peter

>Can anyone tell me if this is the correct dictionary file and if not how to find and open it please.>Thanks PeterIf you accepted the default installation it should be located on C:\Program Files\ATTNaturalVoices\TTS1.4\desktop\Data\en_us\In the en_us folder there should be a red dictionary book icon along with folders for each of your att voices. There should also be a dynamic link library file: fe_en_us.dll. Double clicking the icon should launch the dictionary edit window. Click the + sign to open the drop down listing of words presently in the dictionary. You can then add words as detailed in my original post by clicking on <new>. You can contact support at www.nextup.com for assistance with the ATT product. They have always been responsive in the past and actually expressed interest in VoxATC when I first contacted them several years ago. Hope this helps.

Guest rap777
Hi jcarvalho,The issue of AC missing the runway centerline on VOR DME approaches at LPPR is passed through to the developer.This problem is due to aircraft not being lined up with the runway quite enough on the approach. If the aircraft runs off the runway on landing, it may taxi on the grass to it's parking. It should be fixed in v5.60,Thanks for the feedback,Lion
Great News Lion!Are you at liberty to expand a bit on the v5.60 Statement?Would it be possible to get some sort of interface to help with modifying pronunciations?A better interface (i.e readability at night control etc?) Possibly better integration with FSX (i.e. more "observable" traffic in the air and on route)I love VoxATC and could not go back to the type and choose style default ATC anymore!Regards and God blessAlfred

Guest Lion
Great News Lion!Are you at liberty to expand a bit on the v5.60 Statement?Would it be possible to get some sort of interface to help with modifying pronunciations?A better interface (i.e readability at night control etc?) Possibly better integration with FSX (i.e. more "observable" traffic in the air and on route)I love VoxATC and could not go back to the type and choose style default ATC anymore!Regards and God blessAlfred
Hi Alfred,You mean a more friendly interface to modify the AT&T pronunciation? What do you mean by 'readability at night control'?More 'observable' traffic in the air and on route is something I will pass through to the developer, most of the traffic is centralized at airports, increasing the traffic density in the VoxATC settings might improve this,RegardsLion

Guest rap777
Hi Alfred,You mean a more friendly interface to modify the AT&T pronunciation? What do you mean by 'readability at night control'?More 'observable' traffic in the air and on route is something I will pass through to the developer, most of the traffic is centralized at airports, increasing the traffic density in the VoxATC settings might improve this,RegardsLion
Hi Lion!Thank you for your response and sorry I missed it for the last two days!Quote - You mean a more friendly interface to modify the AT&T pronunciation? - Yes, I can not access the "default"pronunciation" library only my custom one (Vista 64 Home Edition)Quote -readability at night control' ? Something like a "Dim-switch" I find it difficult to read the text-box on my second monitor !Thanks for the tip concerning traffic!All the best and God blessAlfred