Sign in to follow this  
Guest rdg

Wake Turbulence - How is this accomplished

Guest rdg

Hi,Maybe this is a question for the ASA programmers, but not sure. I was just curious how Wake Turbulence is accomplished and injected into FSX? I am not completely sure but I did not think FSX out of the box modeled this. It just struck me, since this is such a dynamic event, how do they do this? Does having this enabled affect FSX performance?RegardsBob G

Hi Bob,Not a programmer, but yes we do add this feature into FSX. We look for nearby planes, their locations, and generate the wake. It's more complex than that for sure!Thanks

Guest rdg
Hi Bob,Not a programmer, but yes we do add this feature into FSX. We look for nearby planes, their locations, and generate the wake. It's more complex than that for sure!Thanks
Yea, I figured it was a complicated little bugger. Thanks.

Could it be that wake turbolence are generated also by traffic just holding short Rwys?Recentely is happening to me that while Im landing to a RWY with other traffic holding short my same RWY, my Aplane suddenly bank to the left of 90

Hi Nick,That would be considered jet wash or prop wash and we don't simulate that. A plane landing or taking off on a parallel runway could cause this as could a plane that had just taken off. You need to watch all the traffic in the area.Thanks,

Hi Nick,That would be considered jet wash or prop wash and we don't simulate that. A plane landing or taking off on a parallel runway could cause this as could a plane that had just taken off. You need to watch all the traffic in the area.Thanks,
Thanks for your answer Jim,but what Im asking is: can an Aircraft holding just next to the rwy (not moving) make ASX simulates a normal moving traffic and then a wake turbolence?My plane just goes crazy and crashes just passing in front of this holding Acraft while im touching down...Nick

Hi Nick,No I don't think that is possible. Turn down the Wake Turbulence slider to zero and fly that approach. Then see what happens.Thanks!

Hi Nick,No I don't think that is possible. Turn down the Wake Turbulence slider to zero and fly that approach. Then see what happens.Thanks!
John,it looks really like that my problem was due to Wake turbolence caused by static traffic (I mean Vatsim "real" traffic) holding short rwys.As you suggested I tried to lower the "wakes" slider and now everything seems to be ok...Pls note I found on forums more people suffering my same problem and they also had to reduce the wake turbolence setting to solve it.Probably ASX simulates this effect every time you are close to another aircraft no matter if it is moving or not...Thanks Nick