Sign in to follow this  
cosmo

Back to FS9 after 2 years, have a question ?

I decided to change my old pc : a P4 2.8 with 1 G of ram, ATI 1600 ....to something that would hopefully run FS2004 with all the bells and whistles, all slidersto the right. I will fly mostly in Europe with addons such as : Aerosoft german and spanish airports as wellas others. Full traffic with woai, Ground Environment 2006 , Ultimate terrain Europe, PMDG 737 andREX for FS9 when available....My new system would be a : Intel dual E8600 at 3.33 Ghz, 2X1 gigs of DDR ram, G9800 GTX+ 5122 seagate 500 Gs 7200 32m in raid 0, Win XP SP3.I need some advise on a good mobo for this system and would like to know if i would see a increase or performance with DDR3 ram vs DDR2 ramAnyone with the same system ? Do i have enough power ? And please dont try to get me into FSX, Im looking for incredible framerates an a smooth flying experience.....Thank you

Cosmo,Just built a new machine similar to what you are looking at. Used the Asus P5Q3 with the E8500 chip and 4GB of DDR3. (Picked the 8500 over the 8600 because there is a big price gap.)Runs like a champ and eats up anything in FS9 that I can throw at it. Wondering now why I ever waited. The other change I made was to go to XP Pro x64 rather than staying with the standard.If it's in the budget, fire away. You will not be disappointed!