Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

No ATC Voice Sound

Hi guys, Well I finally have FSX installed and now we are getting to know each other. I'm exploring and tweeking, but two things I can't figure out. First of all, on my first ATC flight, I get printed messages in the ATC window but no voice sounds. I checked the Sound menu and ATC menus. Sliders are to the right and sound is enabled. All other sounds (engine, etc.) are fine. Any ideas? Also, how do I get rid of that pesky toolbar at the very top of the window? In FS9 it was the Alt key that brought it up and got rid of it. I can bring it up but Alt doesn't get rid of it. Thanks. Tom

Not sure about the ATC issue, but HOLD the ALT key down to make the menu bar disappear. :(

Guest adam_uk_wmids
Hi guys,Well I finally have FSX installed and now we are getting to know each other. I'm exploring and tweeking, but two things I can't figure out. First of all, on my first ATC flight, I get printed messages in the ATC window but no voice sounds. I checked the Sound menu and ATC menus. Sliders are to the right and sound is enabled. All other sounds (engine, etc.) are fine. Any ideas?Also, how do I get rid of that pesky toolbar at the very top of the window? In FS9 it was the Alt key that brought it up and got rid of it. I can bring it up but Alt doesn't get rid of it. Thanks. Tom
I have found that having the pesky toolbar (I hadn't realised there was a technical name for it :( ) enabled hits my frame rate by about 3 frames. It is indeed, as Carl advised, holding Alt that gets rid of it (Be aware that some places on the net advise holding TAB key instead - I'm not sure if this is published in error, bt it certainly didn't work for me. holding ALT until it disappears works fine for me.)Regarding sound:I have just overcome a freezing up of the sim problem by switching to my onboard (motherboard) sound device. I had previously been utilising an external USB sound card which obviously wasn't coping with the demands of FSX. Upon switching to the onboard sound, all my problems went away! May be this is unrelated to your circumstances as the symptoms are different, but might be worth checking out - have you got a PCI or external sound card and is it up to the job? Would it be possible to switch to onboard sound to see if this improves anything? Just a thought.Adam