Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

What has gone wrong at AVSIM?

For me, as I suppose for many, AVSIM is THE Flightsim site on the internet. Since the beginning of the year though, it has become very hard to access. Either the file library or the forums - sometimes one, sometimes the other: sometimes both - bring up a timeout error ("The server at library.avsim.net is taking too long to respond").This almost never used to happen. Is it going to be an ongoing problem AVSIM? It's been like this for several weeks now. I see quite a few people commenting on not being able to get onto AVSIM, not just here but in FS newsgroups and other forums.Not a complaint, in case the message is taken the wrong way, just a concern - from someone who visits AVSIM pretty much every day (but less now, though not for want of trying).Martin

For me, as I suppose for many, AVSIM is THE Flightsim site on the internet. Since the beginning of the year though, it has become very hard to access. Either the file library or the forums - sometimes one, sometimes the other: sometimes both - bring up a timeout error ("The server at library.avsim.net is taking too long to respond").This almost never used to happen. Is it going to be an ongoing problem AVSIM? It's been like this for several weeks now. I see quite a few people commenting on not being able to get onto AVSIM, not just here but in FS newsgroups and other forums.Not a complaint, in case the message is taken the wrong way, just a concern - from someone who visits AVSIM pretty much every day (but less now, though not for want of trying).Martin
Martin, we are working the issues. We installed a new forum and it had some issues. We think after some work over the weekend, that those are now taken care of. Coincidently, our file server topled on Sunday. We are working to get that back online. Please be patient, and we'll continue to deliver the services we have for the last 12 years.