Sign in to follow this  
Guest JEL

any 'white' services we can can add?

Guest JEL

This is an amazing program that just brings so much more out of FSX. Thank you so much Christian :)I was wondering if anyone knew of any map-services we could add to the ini that was perfectly ok to use for this sim purpose?Maybe lower quality, but with no concern about copyrights or 'grey' issues.Thanks.JEL

Guest Jigsaw1

Yea MegaScenery addons, they run about 39.99 an area of about 500sq km. and the shots are taken from about 900 miles up. (as described in a prior post), therefore avoiding major copyright infringement. On a more serious note; however, certain Government satellite imagery is public and is of much lower/outdated quailty I think you're referring to. I can't remember the names of them though. I know there in here I'll post them when I find the prior post again.

Guest JEL

Thanks :)If nothing else, then just to see the difference of the scenery.If we're lucky then microsoft will take FS back on their product-list again, and then instead of selling it on dvd's they might sell it included with the world in 1 meter scenery on flash-drives :) Or maybe even sell it on harddrives if flash-drives aren't big enough for all scenery (or if they want to go with higher resolution). Imaging buying a harddrive (maybe on a usb harddrive, similar to those backup-drives you can buy) with everything ready to go on it.A plug'n'play flight-sim. That would be sweet :)Or maybe that's a future product for google to take on? If they could license the FS system (and maybe enhance it a little bit here and there where it needs it), and then sell it with their photo-scenery included. That could only be a top-seller in the flight-sim world I think.

they might sell it included with the world in 1 meter scenery on flash-drives :)
No need to wait for Microsoft, and you can have it as soon as today: MegaSceneryEarth will actually ship their photo scenery on a mini hard disc, if you so choose - the other options being instant download or DVD. They seem to be slowly covering the US at the moment, and plan to do the whole world eventually. And yes, as the name suggests, it's brought to you by the same guys we all know and love for their MegaScenery series.

Guest JEL

That's roughly 100 dollars for 1 US-state then... that might be a bit too heavy for my buying power (looking to fly around several US states and europe) although the screenshots look like it's good quality scenery.Tileproxy stays :)