Sign in to follow this  

Aircraft in strange positions

Can anybody explain why at a few airports (KBOS, KSFO, YSSY to name but a few) some aircraft at the jetways appear in strange positions such as at right angles to the ground and about 50 ft above the ground? I am using add-on airports and have AI set at 100 percent. Is there a fix for this? Any help much appreciated.Airdog

if u are using the default AI then if the addon scenery changes like the altitude or taxiways or whatever the AI will look messed up. because the AI is programmed to work with the default scenery. like for instance, they change the taxiways, ai will still think the taxiways are the same as the default scenery. Adam

Guest Captain Barfbag

If you use add-on scenery, you generally need to get the associated add-on AFCAD file. You will need the AFCAD program by Lee Swordy to do this. Chances are, somebody has already generated an AFCAD file, and all you have to do is download it and install it. AFCAD files, by the way, are very small and quick to download. The instructions provided with AFCAD are very thorough. If you can't find an AFCAD file, you can modify the original airport fairly easily yourself with AFCAD.

Thanks for your reply, Barfbag. Yes I know all this. Guess my problem is my Afcad files and add-on sceneries are incompatible. Will just have to try different Afcads until I hit on the right one.Cheers.Airdog