Sign in to follow this  
Guest captabe77

The best 737 for FSX

Guest captabe77

I would like to purchase the best 737 for FSX. Any ideas on where I can obtain one?Thanks.

I would like to purchase the best 737 for FSX. Any ideas on where I can obtain one?Thanks.
The best 737 for FSX does not exist, yet. PMDG is working on the NGX. There are other options such as Wilco or Ariane. I can not speak for the Wilco product but my experience with their other products have not been great. Ariane offers a very expensive bird. It is not near as good as the PMDG that was made for FS8 and FS9. Also if you have a OS install you must pay a reactivation fee. If you must have a 737 to tide you over I suggest Project OpenSky. I can not use it because it simply doesn't have the advanced systems that I am used to. I hope this helps some.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I STRONGLY recommend the Wilco 737 PIC. This comes from a long time Level-D user. The 737 PIC flies beautifully and most systems are modeled very well. Give it a try, BUT make sure you read the manual!

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Having tried both Wilco & Ariane I struck out with both :( Ariane's v1.5 offering has a buggy FMC which is prone to CTDs and has no current NAVDATA. I'll be dammed if I'm gonna drop another $150 on v2.0 just to get fixes that should have been taken care of.Wilco's worked very well for me with XP but since I moved to Vista x64 I just can't get it to work properly, shame I also have the same problem with their Airbus. I guess I'm waiting for PMDG's offering which I'm sure will be spot on. :(

Wilco's worked very well for me with XP but since I moved to Vista x64 I just can't get it to work properly,
the wilco/feelThere 737 was not designed to work on 64bit systems. this is stated on the sales page. some users have been able to get the sim to work on a 64bit system ... but success is not assured.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest 413X3

I just installed the 737PIC on my vistax64 OS... what kinds of problems are people having? with the operation of the airplane? the wx radar?

I just installed the 737PIC on my vistax64 OS... what kinds of problems are people having? with the operation of the airplane? the wx radar?
I can not load a flight plan into the FMC, either from FsBuild or FSX default without getting an out of date error. I do subscribe to Navigraph and believe I have an updated FT database. I even tried entering the plan manually but at some point I receive the same error. Also when I quit out my menu screen becomes offset and sometimes the preview aircraft screen goes black. I can fix the offset by quitting then reloading anther AC preview then quit out and reload FSX. I suppose thats not all bad but the failure to load a FP is a showstopper! I knew I may have problems when moving to x64 and Wilco clearly states this on their web page which is why I never pursued it. It has however stopped me from purchasing anymore of their products which to me is a shame because I would really love to try the ERJ's.

Wilco 737PIC superb for me. FSX SP2.Peter Sydney Australia
How stable is this aircraft? What I mean is, I've got the Wilco A320 and although pretty good it's still buggy. It can do all sorts of wierd things on approach and during autolandings, which are fraught at times. I enjoy hand flying the bird, but I'm never 100% sure that she's going to behave when the AP is on.I'm not bothered if some systems aren't modelled, but I like a plane to be able to follow a glidesope EVERY time, and not fly with an exaggerated pitch angle etc.I was just wondering if the 737 is more 'solid' and 'reliable' than the 'bus, if you see what I mean... Ian

I've got the latest Ariane 737-800 V2 and the high level of complexity, light model and quality are great. My o/s is vista 64 ultimate and it works well with it. This product is endorseed by Boeing. Aftersales suport is superb. Dave

I have the Wilco 737. Its pretty decent on an older machine. Im still waiting for the NGX thats why I bought it.I won't buy the other one because of past customer issues and other politics.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png