Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

pmdg md11 fs9

hi all, without having to plough thro the manual, could someone please tell me how to stop the lady calling auto pilot auto pilot after landing and the auto pilot disconnected. i find this an annoyance. richard welsh

You have to press the disconnect button twice. Once to stop the AP and once to stop the nagging lady. It's all in the tutorial. And in about 9678 posts on this forum. :(

You have to press the disconnect button twice. Once to stop the AP and once to stop the nagging lady. It's all in the tutorial. And in about 9678 posts on this forum. :(
hello, i thank you for your reply to my problem, but the sarcasm i can do without. richard welsh.

Nagging lady? i kinda enjoy it, im just sorry she doesnt scream 'brrrrrrrrr stabilizer motion" more often, that would be hot :(

Richard,if you had done a quick search on this before you posted, you could:1: save the forum the bandwidth resulting from the post2: not felt insulted by the sarcasm, which some might consider as justified, particularly as you write, "hi all, without having to plough thro the manual..."It is stated clearly in the tutorial, which is something you should read at least once for an addon of this complexity...Don't expect to get no sarcastic reply from other forum users if you cannot be bothered to read the manual... your wording almost invites the response...Andrew

Guest charlie1017
Nagging lady? i kinda enjoy it, im just sorry she doesnt scream 'brrrrrrrrr stabilizer motion" more often, that would be hot :(
Hearing the "nagging lady" (or "nagging Betty") is one of the best parts of my flight haha. Carlos

Richard,if you had done a quick search on this before you posted, you could:1: save the forum the bandwidth resulting from the post2: not felt insulted by the sarcasm, which some might consider as justified, particularly as you write, "hi all, without having to plough thro the manual..."It is stated clearly in the tutorial, which is something you should read at least once for an addon of this complexity...Don't expect to get no sarcastic reply from other forum users if you cannot be bothered to read the manual... your wording almost invites the response...Andrew
ok Andrew, i put my arms up and accept your constructive criticism of my approach to the post and i found the de-activation key in the tutorial as stated, i must have glossed over this part as it was at the end of the flight. no hard feelings. richard welsh.

Hearing the "nagging lady" (or "nagging Betty") is one of the best parts of my flight haha. Carlos
Well if you miss the voice so much you can see Betty on youtube -
and maybe just me but she's no biatch :( John Ellison

Guest manniko
and maybe just me but she's no biatch :( John Ellison
I don't know if I saw the video you mentioned this morning on YouTube. I watched a video of a autoland approach of a MD-11 (original real world). A nice video recorded in the cockpit and the sound was very nice indeed. I was very surprised, that all voices I heard were also available in my MD-11 - not the slightest difference. I saw also the glareshield of the real MD-11 and I can tell you, there is no visible difference between the original and the PMDG MD-11 - everything is exact 1:1 in all deetails. Just my 2 cents Regards,Manfred Kohl (Riyadh OERK)

Now everytime I do a landing I have to think of her, instead of concentrating on my approach... :(