Sign in to follow this  

MD-11: Mods, please add a sticky about...

...how to disconnect the autopilot in the MD-11 (press the button TWICE!!!)....that there are no fuel charts, take off charts, etc. etc. for the PMDG MD-11.Thanks in advance. I think these two questions are posted almost daily and maybe (just maybe) a sticky might help. I doubt it though...

...how to disconnect the autopilot in the MD-11 (press the button TWICE!!!)....that there are no fuel charts, take off charts, etc. etc. for the PMDG MD-11.Thanks in advance. I think these two questions are posted almost daily and maybe (just maybe) a sticky might help. I doubt it though...
A good idea but most new people don't even read the rules here on there first visit so I doubt it would help.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest Lloydnco
Pressing twice the disconection autopilot isn't a bug... Flying on a older type of MD, we have to press the button twice on the yoke to discon the autopilot, Once to disconnect it, the second time to disable the Alarms. Nothing Buging there. The alarm is also concidered to prevent the Pilot Non Flying that you're going handy... The FMC gives you a pretty acurate fuel consumption for the flight planning.As for the takeoff charts... let's hope Topcat adds the MD-11 on its database. It will avoid you to print hundreds of page for no reason, without knowing the obstacle clearance on departure.happy Flying,Lloyd Avoine

Once to disconnect it, the second time to disable the Alarms. Nothing Buging there.
Jeroen never said it was a bug, he said it was a frequently asked question that could use a sticky to stop people asking the same questions over and over again, and I agree it could be useful, but then again knowing what people are like on forums it probably wouldn't stop it completely. I also cant stand forums that fill half the front page with stickies, so PMDG cant win really :(

Cheers, Andy.