Sign in to follow this  
Guest africa1

ASA crashes

Guest africa1

Hi Just bought ASA today. Downloaded fine and registered fine. But whilst ASA loads i get a message that an internet connection could not be found and it will automatically revert to the offline mode. A few seconds later the program crashes.I do not have a broadband connection and need to use dial up so i am not permanenlty connected to the net.Can I run ASA in an offline mode? Using a dial up connection, how long or rather how large is the file that is being downloaded before the entire start up process is completed? I do realise that you mention the recommended requirements are for a broadband connection but this is simply not possible at the moment.Does this mean my ASA experience is going to be jeopardised?I suppose essentially what I am asking is, is this product in any way suitable for dial up users? And can someone solve the crashing problem experienced at the start? I cannot get into the main program as a result.Regards and thank you.Leonard

Hi,Your dial-up connection should be OK. Here are my suggestions:1. Start your Internet connection.2. Start ASA in Online Mode and get the current weather.3. Switch ASA to Offline Mode and then you can disconnect from the Internet.This will give you current and then semi-current weather.There are a few other ways to use Offline Mode as well, if you want to know those.Thanks,

Guest africa1
Hi,Your dial-up connection should be OK. Here are my suggestions:1. Start your Internet connection.2. Start ASA in Online Mode and get the current weather.3. Switch ASA to Offline Mode and then you can disconnect from the Internet.This will give you current and then semi-current weather.There are a few other ways to use Offline Mode as well, if you want to know those.Thanks,
Hi, thanks for your response, yes any advice on using the offline mode would be appreciated.Regarding the software crashing, can I re-install and use the same license key given to me?

Hi,You shouldn't need to reinstall, but if you do, you won't even be asked for your key again.You can download and save archived weather files from the past using ASA and then use those data files as well in ASA. Yes, the weather will be in the past and not as accurate as the first way I described.Thanks,