Sign in to follow this  
Mudhendriver

777 Professional

Formerly PSS 777--recommend or not? Is the FMS fully functional?ThanksRich Perry
Well, its the only 777 there is, so if you want a 777 that has a VC and most systems modeled with an FMC it is the only game in town. There is the Wilco 777, while more externally appealing that the PSS model, is stripped down to the point of being useless (by design).Soooo, is it PMDG quality? Nope. Is it LDS quality? Nope. Is the FMC "fully functional" Nope. BUT, it is your only choice and it is good enough to simulate realistic flight within reason. It DOES have a Rob Young flight model, so while its not much to look at externally, it does fly like a dream...HTH,Mike T.

Well, its the only 777 there is, so if you want a 777 that has a VC and most systems modeled with an FMC it is the only game in town. There is the Wilco 777, while more externally appealing that the PSS model, is stripped down to the point of being useless (by design).Soooo, is it PMDG quality? Nope. Is it LDS quality? Nope. Is the FMC "fully functional" Nope. BUT, it is your only choice and it is good enough to simulate realistic flight within reason. It DOES have a Rob Young flight model, so while its not much to look at externally, it does fly like a dream...HTH,Mike T.
Thanks Mike.Rich

PMDG744/MD11, LDS767, Maddog2008, all great planes. PSS777 is about 85% there but it's a solid product with a very good VC and FMC. External texture resolution is too low but performance is good. I'd recommend it. You can see my AF777 screen shots in the screen shot forum, looks good to me.Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

PMDG744/MD11, LDS767, Maddog2008, all great planes. PSS777 is about 85% there but it's a solid product with a very good VC and FMC. External texture resolution is too low but performance is good. I'd recommend it. You can see my AF777 screen shots in the screen shot forum, looks good to me.Pat
I've heard problems with oscillation, that some say were fixed with patches, but others say are still there. Any one care to verify? I'm seriously considering this airplane too. Regards

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Recommended.Its has a working FMC, realistic Overhead, Pedestal, realistic Autopilot and so on.The VC isnt the bad and the mode and textures are not the very best.Good solution: Merge it with the great Posky T7.realistic Panel, great VC, very nice model and textures...

I've heard problems with oscillation, that some say were fixed with patches, but others say are still there. Any one care to verify? I'm seriously considering this airplane too. Regards
I think oscillations are the exception, and mostly at higher simulation rates. I always fly 8 - 12hrs at a stretch at 1x and as stated, she flies like a dream every time.

Regards,

Mark

..I always fly 8 - 12hrs at a stretch at 1x and as stated, she flies like a dream every time.
I doff my cap to you.. :( I've managed ONE realtime long haul flight (9 hours I think..) since I started simming in 2000, and I almost died of boredom.. :(

Suggestion:I have to confess I have migrated away from this for months after the rebirth of PF2000/PFE, but a good way to deter the boredom is to fly with VATSIM ATC, and talk to other pilots along the way.Respectfully:RTH

I doff my cap to you.. :( I've managed ONE realtime long haul flight (9 hours I think..) since I started simming in 2000, and I almost died of boredom.. :(

I've had the PSS 777 for a long time and never had an issue with it. Great flying airplane with functional advanced systems. I've added the TSS or SynchroSoft (can't remember which one) sounds to this aircraft as well as the 757....OUTSTANDING. I wish there were different VC textures, as the default ones are less than admirable.