Sign in to follow this  
tinhead59

Messagekill dll problem

I have installed Julie Rhodes Message kill dll file and it stops me using TrackIR. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and found a way around it please?Thanks in advance...............John

Guest lgvpilot1
I have installed Julie Rhodes Message kill dll file and it stops me using TrackIR. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and found a way around it please?Thanks in advance...............John
What is message kill ?Is is so you dont get the brakes , park brakes and so on If it is you dont need a dll for thatMark

What is message kill ?Is is so you don't get the brakes , park brakes and so on If it is you don't need a dll for thatMark
I think you misunderstood me Mark. The messagekill dll did all the things it was created to do but unfortunately it also stopped my TrackIR from doing what it is supposed to do. :( :(

Guest lgvpilot1

Okay lets try againI have Re read my first post :( Is that the download that removes all the messages by replacing or or overwriting the language dll?If so have you tried the obvious ie replace with original Mark

Okay lets try againI have Re read my first post :( Is that the download that removes all the messages by replacing or or overwriting the language dll?If so have you tried the obvious ie replace with original Mark
Yes your right Mark I can put the original dll back but then all those messages come up again. I want if possible to use the messagekill dll and have my TrackIR working too. I can't figure out why one interferes with the other???.......( I want my cake and eat it to lollol :( :(

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince
Yes your right Mark I can put the original dll back but then all those messages come up again. I want if possible to use the messagekill dll and have my TrackIR working too. I can't figure out why one interferes with the other???.......( I want my cake and eat it to lollol :( :(
Known issue with "messagekill" application.There is a known issue with the "Messagekill" utility for Flight Simulator 2004 which prevents the TrackIR version 4 software from working. Therefore, this utility should not be used if you wish to use the TrackIR for view control. http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/03-enh...lator-2004.html

What specific messages are you wanting to avoid seeing?There are other options other than the edited language.dll (message kill) approach to disable some message. :(

What specific messages are you wanting to avoid seeing?There are other options other than the edited language.dll (message kill) approach to disable some message. :(
OPA. I would like to get rid of door open, closed, parking brake and anything else that reminds me of what I already know about or taken care of already as I am a great believer in check lists, at my age they are needed lol. Messagekill would fit the bill very well but for the TrackIR prob. Looks like I will have to be satisfied with killing the parking brake reminder for the time being. I love my TrackIR my heads in the cockpit where it should always be. :( :( For your input guys........JohnPS: My pet peeve about computing is having to push a button 4 - 5 times just to shut something down. I know they are maybe needed when one is starting out, but not for ever B)

TinheadI have Track IR and you're right, messagekill will dork it up. The work around is to open your fs9.cfg and scroll down to [sIM], then add:[sIM]SHOW_BRAKE_MESSAGE=0SHOW_PAUSE_MESSAGE=0This will stop the pesky red brake message coming up, and pause. You will still see COCKPIT when you go from 2D to VC (Track IR)...TrackIR requires the COCKPIT in order to calibrate--I'm sure the TrackIR gurus will know the details.Col (ret) Rich Perry, USAF

OPA Can you by chance tell me how to get rid of the Main exit open and closed message please? I have taken care of Pause. Parking Brake and Overspeed. Now if I can just get rid of the Pesky Exit Door stuff I will be really happy lol...........John

OPA Can you by chance tell me how to get rid of the Main exit open and closed message please? I have taken care of Pause. Parking Brake and Overspeed. Now if I can just get rid of the Pesky Exit Door stuff I will be really happy lol...........John
Those two items are housed in the language.dll file which can be edited with this program:http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/Julie's Message Kill is a major edit of the language.dll which as you have found out does conflict with your other program. It is "possible" that editing only the door messages would not cause such a conflict. Only experimentation can tell us.I would be happy make such an edit and send it to you for testing - just send me a regular e-mail opaflightsimaddict at verizon dot netI shall look forward to hearing from you if you wish to pursue this idea. :(

Those two items are housed in the language.dll file which can be edited with this program:http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/Julie's Message Kill is a major edit of the language.dll which as you have found out does conflict with your other program. It is "possible" that editing only the door messages would not cause such a conflict. Only experimentation can tell us.I would be happy make such an edit and send it to you for testing - just send me a regular e-mail opaflightsimaddict at verizon dot netI shall look forward to hearing from you if you wish to pursue this idea. :(
\Hi OpaI took your advice and downloaded the resource hacker and found the string with the right words, "main entrance opening etc.etc. and erased the entire string and it worked and had no adverse effect on TrackIR. Thank you for your help and also the other guys who read my post and chipped in.......John :( :(

\Hi OpaI took your advice and downloaded the resource hacker and found the string with the right words, "main entrance opening etc.etc. and erased the entire string and it worked and had no adverse effect on TrackIR. Thank you for your help and also the other guys who read my post and chipped in.......John :( :(
Looks like you beat me to it - was going to edit one after dinner and send it for you to test. Good Show! :(

Looks like you beat me to it - was going to edit one after dinner and send it for you to test. Good Show! :(
Glad to hear you got it sorted...I forgot about the additional items for edit in language.dll.Col (ret) Rich Perry, USAFFormer F-15E Driver492FS, 48FW RAF Lakenheath, UK