Sign in to follow this  
OSJJ1985

FS9.1 update question

I want to reinstall my FS9.1 update and want to make sure what files are going to be affected by the default FS9.1 files so I can reinstall those add-ons to prevent any weird stuff going on in FS9.Thanks in advance

When you install the update, it automatically creates a folder named BACKUP which saves all of the affected original files. It also creates an un-install routine so it is very simple to revert to the non-update state if you so desire.The install exe should be run from your main FS2004 folder - the BACKUP folder will created there as well as the uninstall program.Hope this helps. :(

When you install the update, it automatically creates a folder named BACKUP which saves all of the affected original files. It also creates an un-install routine so it is very simple to revert to the non-update state if you so desire.The install exe should be run from your main FS2004 folder - the BACKUP folder will created there as well as the uninstall program.Hope this helps. :(
Thanks a lot :-). Currently I got quite some CTD issues (involving g3d.dll, fe.dll and fsuipc.dll). I'm not sure if I installed have installed the patch or not and I am using a Non-CD fs9.exe. Is using the original file (with CD) and/or (re-)installing the patch help?

Thanks a lot :-). Currently I got quite some CTD issues (involving g3d.dll, fe.dll and fsuipc.dll). I'm not sure if I installed have installed the patch or not and I am using a Non-CD fs9.exe. Is using the original file (with CD) and/or (re-)installing the patch help?
From my experience, no. A clean re-install of your entire FS2004 might be the answer.This file may be helpful if you decide to do that:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=123907 :(

One thing to remember is to re-install FSUIPC as the update will overwrite the current version and you can get an error from that.