Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

G4Ti Two Monitors and blurries when descending around 15000 ft

Hello guys,Just thought I would like to ask your opinion.I have a Wideviewe setup with mutiple client pc's and each one has a G4Ti4400 card that drives two monitors.The pc's are Athtlon 2000 / 256 DDR.When descending from a high altitude at a speed of 260 knots and passing around 15000 ft , the scenery starts to get blurry.When flying at low altitudes ( 5000-7000 ft ) at a speed of 280 knots there is no problem.It seems that Fs wants to load a sharper set of textures and that that the pc's cannot catch up form that moment.One time I have tried 256 extra memory in one client , but took it out when I saw that the fps stayed the same when flying at straight level.I did not make a descent at that time.Any ideas of what it is and how to solve it ?All the help is appriciated.Gerard SaldenBetaTesterWideviewHome page : http://web.onetelnet.nl/~gsalden

Gerard,I have been writing about this exact same problem for the last couple of days. Right now I don't have a clue other than to go to the FS options page, click on scenery and then click OK which will reload the scenery which will then clear it back up.What is such a puzzle is that my system never did this before. Wonder if there is a "time grimlin" in there :-)Bob

Hello Bob,Before I had only one monitor per pc and never had that problem.I think it really has to do with performance.It is like the proceesor / memory is running at maximum and when passing that altitude there have to be loaded sharper textures and then it is to much to handle for the pc.I also have one client with a 2400 processor and for the rest it is exaclty the smae as the other two.This one sometimes can make it to load the sharper textures.I will try with 256 mb extra in one client, taken form another and will see what is going to happen.If you also will try with some settings in FS ( scenery settings ) or in the Fs2002.cfg file ( those extended terrain settings etc ) , perhaps we can find a solution or workaround.Like you I also pause the sim at that altitude , reload the scenery in just 15 seconds and everything is sharp again and stays sharp.Regards,Gerard

Guest Bilbo

I have been asking about this problem for some time. If I may suggest, it is related to flying out of a loaded scenery area to another (which has low resolution) This is not only relatd to the textures but also the 'smoothing' of the polygon count and display of the auto-generated scenery. My test area is Up in British Columbia, CA. Try flying out of CYGB and heading up the coast at low altitue and see of you have a resolution problem flying at 4X speed in a jet. I use an F-14 but the default Lear causes the same problem. I think it is related to some sort of time trigger built into the sim to minimize scenery detail at a distance. Preventing too much detail from displaying at one time and keeping the frame rates higher. Remember that FS2000 had some issues with frame rates and I know that MS heard a lot of complaints about this. This does not happen when flying normally at prop speeds. The scenery only loads after a certain amount of time reguardless of frame rates. My computer isn't working overtime. The frame rates are about 25 and the HDD light isn't working at all. AS a matter of fact, after I get into a blurred scenery area, I can pause the sim and it takes about 1 full minute or more before I get short bursts of the HDD and the scenery begins to load to higher detail in stages.Yes, reloading the sim will load the detailed scenery for a given area. Changing the time by a few minutes or changing the aircraft will reload the sim. But this is good until I fly to another scenery area.I think there might be a trigger in the FS2002.cfg which controls the distance from the aircraft's location of the scenery LOD or there might be a time factor controlling how often this distance is refreshed. Mine seems to be working at about one minute. Bilbo

I can't explain this yet, but I removed my old FS2002.cfg, installed the Omega 43.45 drivers and on my first flight from KDEN to KORD I got NO blurries, as I used to. It may be possible, that I just tweaked the cfg's too much along with a lot of other stuff.What I don't know is how it will work when I fly into Los Angeles where I have had the most problems. Here the scenery is changing from smooth desert to mountains, which is where the blurries have been their worst. However on my flight today, in the past I have had blurries coming into Chicago before. Today there was NO change of the scenery textures at any altitude. :-). I am somewhat worried that this may have been a fluke, but it sure was nice to see none.I will follow up more with this issue in my next post. I am also now running my sim at 1024/768/32 res with a monitor sync rate of 120mhz and AA activated. The Omega drivers do not require any AF settings since they are built in.CheersBob

Tisk, Tisk, 280 kts at 5000- 8000 ft...... hope you had clearance..Any way, have you tried either lowering your max frame rates to a lower level, or, maxing them out and then testing ?? YES the internal frame rate optimization may be the factor in all of this... Hey.. even now with these high powered machines we donot need 30FPS.. A good 20 or so is all that is needed.. ( remember FS2000 ?? :-( ) Regards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest Bilbo

With my Issue that I explained, I tried all of the "easy" fixes.Besides, If the frames were overtaxing the system the HDD would be accessed a lot more than what it is doing.I have also changed these to other suggested settings:TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=0TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=2.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1AUTO_LOD=0As well as several settings in the graphics card.Bilbo

Hi Bob,<>A word of advice on refresh rates. Once you cannot detect screen flicker pushing the refresh rate further achieves nothing and will probably reduce the working life of your monitor. I can detect flicker quite easily but 85Hz works fine for me. Reducing yours from 120Hz will certainly help your screen.Regards,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather