Sign in to follow this  
Guest boeingflir

FMC DATABASE HELP...PLEASE

Guest boeingflir

Greetings,I'm new to this whole flight sim and PCs (mac user) for that matter. I do have quite a bit of experience in transport category jets including quite a bit in the 757/767. I need some advice and help. I have a PMDG 747-400 that I'm getting to know. It has a database that says ATRAC-0609, Aug31-Sept27/06 (I know that it's old). When I initialize it at KSEA I get a message in the scratchpad that says KSEA err:16C rwy unknown. There are no SIDS, STARS or runways on the dep/arr page. I also have a Level D 767-300ER with the exact same database and date. No problem there except that there is no 16C since I believe that runway was built after this database was published. Is there a quick solution to this?My other question is: is Navigraph&NAVdata-Service the best vendor? Do they offer SIDS, STARS, RWYS and Approaches in one package or do you need to go to separate sources? I tried to download their demo which they implied on there website would load all on it's own (remember I'm a mac user) and it did download, but isn't in the FMCs.Any help would be appreciated. I muddle through this stuff an inch at a time.Thanks.Bruce Jacobs

Bruce: Welcome.KSEA got a new runway a couple of months ago, and since 2006 there have been too many changes to both with AIRAC 0609. For example, in the same month that KSEA added a runway there were also new runways at KIAD and KORD and more coming. Last couple of years have seen brand new RNAV SIDs and STARs and many locations.The Navdata.at web site of old is not a good place anymore. The PMDG data is too old to be of use.Use Navigraph (Navigraph.com FMS Data) to obtain AIRAC and SIDSTAR data in a single download. There is a nominal cost but an update at least every 56 days (they are available every 28 days) will keep you relatively up to date if cost is an issue. They also sell charts for use in their viewer but I can't say anthing about that service, I usually find the charts I need from free sources.Finally, if you do any flying in the US please download my collection of SIDSTARs (they need current navdata (airac)) from AVISM library (cycle_0902_sidstars.zip). These are the same that you get from Navigraph and I add routes between the STARs and ILS approaches, and connect runways to departure fixes in SIDs, for use if you are getting vectors from VATSIM.See also article at: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARS for more info on SIDSTARs and an introduction to the PMDG Wiki site.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest boeingflir
Greetings,I'm new to this whole flight sim and PCs (mac user) for that matter. I do have quite a bit of experience in transport category jets including quite a bit in the 757/767. I need some advice and help. I have a PMDG 747-400 that I'm getting to know. It has a database that says ATRAC-0609, Aug31-Sept27/06 (I know that it's old). When I initialize it at KSEA I get a message in the scratchpad that says KSEA err:16C rwy unknown. There are no SIDS, STARS or runways on the dep/arr page. I also have a Level D 767-300ER with the exact same database and date. No problem there except that there is no 16C since I believe that runway was built after this database was published. Is there a quick solution to this?My other question is: is Navigraph&NAVdata-Service the best vendor? Do they offer SIDS, STARS, RWYS and Approaches in one package or do you need to go to separate sources? I tried to download their demo which they implied on there website would load all on it's own (remember I'm a mac user) and it did download, but isn't in the FMCs.Any help would be appreciated. I muddle through this stuff an inch at a time.Thanks.Bruce Jacobs
Thanks Dan,I'm waiting for Navigraph to confirm my account right now. I appreciate your help. Bruce