Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSmith

strabge error when loading FS2002

Hi,Since a few days, I can't use FS2002 any more because I have a strange message during FS2002 boot : "FS has detected 3rd party modules that may not work with FS2002.Name : traffic.dllClick yes to use it or no to avoid loading this module".No matter what I click, FS exits.The funny thing is that this module is perfectly valid, made by Microsoft. it appeared with no reason, just a day. I tried to reinstall FS but it always appears at the second launch.Do you have any ideas ?

GO to your FS2002 cfg file and see if you have this entry [h3]{old modules}[/h3] If not, just make a space under {startup} like this[h3]{STARTUP}ShowLogo=0DEMO=0LOADSIM=1LOADWINDOW=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO={OLD MODULES}traffic.dll=1[/h3]Be sure to change the brackets { } back to normal[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Already tried. Doesn't work.BTW, traffic.dll is not an oldmodule since it comes with FS2002

Guest RSmith

See my post about 3 weeks ago.Fix that worked is placing a copy (do not remove original) of the file "traffic.dll" (original located in your modules folder), and paste the copy of the file in the root directory of FS - "FS2002"MS reported they are aware of problem - you are likely using XP ? Anyway - this was one cure that has workd without problem. More details in my previous post - search my name - or "traffic.dll" in the subject line.Good luck.Ron KORL

Ron,Please add this to the FAQ section above with KEYWORDS!! I don't want to "Steal your Thunder"!!! :7

Guest RSmith

Steal Thunder...... heck...... thunder in my "flightroom" was loud - from my shear frustration :-grr - as you know !! LOLWill do, thks. Bill. :-walksmileRon