Sign in to follow this  
Guest tango3

My AI traffic have blank textures!

Guest tango3

Hi im new here and i need some help with my ai traffic.I am trying to update my ai traffic using WOAI. So i want to replace some of my current airlines to the new WOAI textures and flightplans. The firsthing i did was use AI traffic mover and remove my current flightplans. Then i removed my current airline textures so it wont waste space on my hard drive. When i start up at a airport i see the new WOAI traffics i just put in but i still see my old airline but there are no textures on it. It is just a gray plane. How do i remove that gray plane?Thanks

Hi im new here and i need some help with my ai traffic.I am trying to update my ai traffic using WOAI. So i want to replace some of my current airlines to the new WOAI textures and flightplans. The firsthing i did was use AI traffic mover and remove my current flightplans. Then i removed my current airline textures so it wont waste space on my hard drive. When i start up at a airport i see the new WOAI traffics i just put in but i still see my old airline but there are no textures on it. It is just a gray plane. How do i remove that gray plane?Thanks
I am not sure I understand what you did. Why did you remove your "current airline textures" ? Apparently what you are seeing is the aircraft that you removed the textures for.The better way to proceed would be to rename the default traffic file (traffic030528.bgl) to something like traffic030528.bgl.BAK - that will disable all default traffic.Then all you should see would be any WOAI packages you have installed.Hope that helps. - :(

Guest tango3
I am not sure I understand what you did. Why did you remove your "current airline textures" ? Apparently what you are seeing is the aircraft that you removed the textures for.The better way to proceed would be to rename the default traffic file (traffic030528.bgl) to something like traffic030528.bgl.BAK - that will disable all default traffic.Then all you should see would be any WOAI packages you have installed.Hope that helps. - :(
I am trying to update air canada right now. So i want to remove my current air canada and update with the new one from WOAI. So i removed my current air canada flight plan and the textures (so it wont take up my hard drive since im not using this texture anymore im using the WOAI one). And when i load up fs9 i see the WOAI air canada i just put in but the air canada i removed i can still see the model just the air canada texture is gone. So i just want to remove my old air canada. I also dont't want to rename my traffic to .bgl.BAK because all my other airlines is in that one bgl file. I just want to remove the air canada for now so i can have my other airlines and this new WOAI air cannada.

I am trying to update air canada right now. So i want to remove my current air canada and update with the new one from WOAI. So i removed my current air canada flight plan and the textures (so it wont take up my hard drive since im not using this texture anymore im using the WOAI one). And when i load up fs9 i see the WOAI air canada i just put in but the air canada i removed i can still see the model just the air canada texture is gone. So i just want to remove my old air canada. I also dont't want to rename my traffic to .bgl.BAK because all my other airlines is in that one bgl file. I just want to remove the air canada for now so i can have my other airlines and this new WOAI air cannada.
That makes more sense.The proper way way to remove an earlier set of WOAI aircraft is to use the "Expert" mode. In Expert mode, the program will allow you to correctly remove a previous set (example: you have summer of 2002 set and you want to update/install a new one for Fall of 2004) - that is a ficticious example by the way.After the older version is removed by the WOAI installer, then you install the newer version.Attempting to manually do this can lead to all kinds of problems. Trust me, been there, done that! :(

Guest tango3
That makes more sense.The proper way way to remove an earlier set of WOAI aircraft is to use the "Expert" mode. In Expert mode, the program will allow you to correctly remove a previous set (example: you have summer of 2002 set and you want to update/install a new one for Fall of 2004) - that is a ficticious example by the way.After the older version is removed by the WOAI installer, then you install the newer version.Attempting to manually do this can lead to all kinds of problems. Trust me, been there, done that! :(
Lol thanks. What if some of them are not from WOAI? I have have some WOAI pakages but it doesnt show me in expert mode it just shows the recent one i just put in.

Lol thanks. What if some of them are not from WOAI? I have have some WOAI pakages but it doesnt show me in expert mode it just shows the recent one i just put in.
Naturally the WOAI installer only works on WOAI packages.If you have others you want to remove, you would need to do that manually.

Guest tango3
Naturally the WOAI installer only works on WOAI packages.If you have others you want to remove, you would need to do that manually.
Oh ok. How do i remove them manually? I already removed the textures and flight plans. What others do i remove?

Oh ok. How do i remove them manually? I already removed the textures and flight plans. What others do i remove?
Not knowing what you have I can only suggest that the entire aircraft folder for any "other" AI aircraft be removed.I am not speaking of any of the default aircraft - just any AI specific aircraft you have installed.I still do not understand just which textures you say you removed. If you are still seeing aircraft that have no textures then you still have a traffic file or files which are calling for an aircraft that has no associated texture. As long as that aircraft is being called for it will display (assuming it has not been removed) with no texture.I am confused at this point. I thought you were concentrarting on an Air Canada package from WOAI.

Hi,If you are not wiling to use TTools to remove the old flight plans from your flight plan file, the best way to do it is to alter the Air Canada livery entry in the AI plane's aircraft.cfg file. It's in the same folder you removed the textures from.For example, if you find the Air Canada livery uses the title= line: title=A330 Air Canadayou can just edit that by adding something like NAI (i.e. no AI) to the end of that line:title=A330 Air Canada NAINote that I used title=A330 Air Canada as an example - your title= line will be different. Just add NAI to the end and save the file. Then restart FS.Now that plane will no longer be used in the flight plans, and you won't see an untextured plane.Hope this helps,

I personally think the easiest way to disable the old Air Canada aircraft is to delete that particular aircraft (but I'm not sure how FS may react to this). If you're using the aircraft for other textures open the aircraft.cfg and change the sim=*air file entry e.g. "sim=invalid.air"... choose anything you like as long as it's not the *.air file in the aircraft folder. Don't delete the entire entry unless it's on the last position.

I personally think the easiest way to disable the old Air Canada aircraft is to delete that particular aircraft (but I'm not sure how FS may react to this). If you're using the aircraft for other textures open the aircraft.cfg and change the sim=*air file entry e.g. "sim=invalid.air"... choose anything you like as long as it's not the *.air file in the aircraft folder. Don't delete the entire entry unless it's on the last position.
I would strongly recommend the use of a program called ACA2005.It's a terrific program for getting rid of aircraft/airline textures.Best regards,Peter Keenan
I would strongly recommend the use of a program called ACA2005.It's a terrific program for getting rid of aircraft/airline textures.Best regards,Peter Keenan