Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

Cannot Uninstall Fs9

Guest melf12

First time I've had this problem.I have tried to uninstall Fs9 due to CTD's, but I get the message "unable to find 'unpatch.bat' file'. I looked in the BACKUP folder but onlyfound a file named 'unpatch.bak'?any help would be appreciated.Ken

First time I've had this problem.I have tried to uninstall Fs9 due to CTD's, but I get the message "unable to find 'unpatch.bat' file'. I looked in the BACKUP folder but onlyfound a file named 'unpatch.bak'?any help would be appreciated.Ken
Hi,Do as follows...... :( 1. Delete the FS9 folder2. Go to Start /Controlpanel/Add-Remove programs, and remove the listed FS93. Go to Start/All programs, and remove any listing of FS94. Do a register clean with a Reg cleaner program.5. Defrag the partition

Staffan

Guest melf12

Hello Staffen,I'm afraid that did not work. FL 2004 didn't even show up in the add remove List?I did a System Restore going back for 3 days, no improvement there either. How far back is it safe to take a System Restore....a week or further?Ken

If it doesn't show up there, go to the next step... Manual removal cannot fail. Personally, I would also get rid of %appdata%\Microsoft\FS9.Addons are known to overwrite the FS9 Uninstall.exe. Maybe this is what happened to you. As soon as you install FS9 anew, make a backup copy of the original uninstaller. You can do this by simply renaming it to Uninstall.bak or Uninstall.org.

Mike...

Guest melf12

Hello Mike, Interesting that you mention addons can overwrite the Uninstall.exe. I've recently install new drivers for my Creative Sound card...I found at least 10 extra entries in Add/Remove, I've been having problems ever since.During my attempts to use the fs9.1 update I've been getting the Error 34! I did a Google and I was directed to the MS website and found the ollowing :-Update Error Type: 34Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.You may receive the "Update Error Type: 34" error message if there is a registry value that is not valid for the location of the Fs9.exe file. To resolve this error message, correct the EXE Path string value in the registry. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK. 2. Locate and then select the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0 3. Right-click the EXE Path string value, and then click Modify. 4. In the Value data box, use one of the following procedures, and then click OK: * Type the correct path of the Fs9.exe file. For example, type C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9 in the Value data box. * Delete the path in the Value data box. 5. On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor. 6. Double-click the Fs91upd.exe file to install the update.I don't use any Registry Editors, but it is possible that the Creative Updates may be responsible for my Update problem?The thought of 'meddling' in the Registry gives me the jitters....but 'needs must when the Devil drives!!Ken

Guest melf12

Hello David, thank you for your reply. I d/l the Flight1 applet, it worked fine.Best regards,Ken

Hello David, thank you for your reply. I d/l the Flight1 applet, it worked fine.Best regards,Ken
You are very welcome - that utility from the good folks at Flight1 has helped a lot of us!!Glad it worked for you too. :(

Guest Jason1970
You are very welcome - that utility from the good folks at Flight1 has helped a lot of us!!Glad it worked for you too. :(
Can someone please help me,I installed the fs9.1 update. As the installation on the PMDG MD11 did not detect the fs9.1, i decided to uninstall the update. I am trying to install back but i always get the error34 and the installation halts.I'm STUCK!I have run the flight1 registry program but still it doesnt work. I also moved a folder called "backup" from the fs9 directory, restarted but no luck.Is there a way i can re install fs9.1?PLease,please someone help!Thank youREgards

Can someone please help me,I installed the fs9.1 update. As the installation on the PMDG MD11 did not detect the fs9.1, i decided to uninstall the update. I am trying to install back but i always get the error34 and the installation halts.I'm STUCK!I have run the flight1 registry program but still it doesnt work. I also moved a folder called "backup" from the fs9 directory, restarted but no luck.Is there a way i can re install fs9.1?PLease,please someone help!Thank youREgards
You say you uninstalled the update - just how did you do that?When the update is properly installed it creates two very import items - a folder named BACKUP and an uninstall routine named FS9UpdateUninstall.exeBoth are in the Flight Simulator 9 folder.The only proper way way to uninstall the 9.1. update is to run the above mentioned uninstall routine.Is that what you did? :(

Guest Jason1970
You say you uninstalled the update - just how did you do that?When the update is properly installed it creates two very import items - a folder named BACKUP and an uninstall routine named FS9UpdateUninstall.exeBoth are in the Flight Simulator 9 folder.The only proper way way to uninstall the 9.1. update is to run the above mentioned uninstall routine.Is that what you did? :(
Yes Sir. I uninstalled it using the uninstalled option. I have moved the backup folder to a completely different folder. It still gives me the error. Is there anything else i can do?Thank youKind RegardsJason
Yes Sir. I uninstalled it using the uninstalled option. I have moved the backup folder to a completely different folder. It still gives me the error. Is there anything else i can do?Thank youKind RegardsJason
and also, just to let you know incase it can help, i have just done a search for the file FS9UPDATEUNINSTALL.EXE and it shows this....FS9UPDATEUNINSTALL.EXE-36B395C2.pf. Its in the windows/prefetch. dont have a clue about this but thought to let u know.Thank you

Yes Sir. I uninstalled it using the uninstalled option. I have moved the backup folder to a completely different folder. It still gives me the error. Is there anything else i can do?Thank youKind RegardsJasonand also, just to let you know incase it can help, i have just done a search for the file FS9UPDATEUNINSTALL.EXE and it shows this....FS9UPDATEUNINSTALL.EXE-36B395C2.pf. Its in the windows/prefetch. dont have a clue about this but thought to let u know.Thank you
Are you saying that you moved the folder named BACKUP before or after you ran the uninstall routine?It is critical that it is there when you run the uninstall as it houses all of the original files which are to be restored during the uninstall.I have never uninstalled the update on my machine but presume it would remove the folder (after it has been emptied) as part of the process.You may have to bite the bullet and do a complete uninstall of FS2004 and a clean reinstall. If it comes to that, this file may be helpful:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=123907Good Luck! :(