Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado working on PA34!

Guest rdg
You have got to be kidding me... You would not buy this because it does not have a dome light???????Incredible. :(
I think what he meant was in reply of my previous email. It is the fact that Carenado does not have seperate switch's for the dome and instrument lighting. What this means is your dome light remains on even during night flights. Very annoying.Bob
I hope they don't rip another air file :(
What does "rip another air file" mean exactly. Never heard that term. Does it mean they use one from another plane?Bob

I pulled my post as I fear it would be seen as advertising. I would have removed it completely, but I don't see that option.

I wish they would do a Grumman Tiger/Cheetah!They're killing me with the boat anchor radios though. Is there any reason why they won't design their aircraft with newer avionics?
Agreed.RE: Radios. Luckily most of the Carenado aircraft can be have their radios swapped quite easily.....but.....as I understand, the new 172 received modeled knobs, rendering that aircraft impossible to retrofit. Thus, I have not purchased the 172.Here is hoping they update the equipment in the twin. Otherwise, I'll just keep flying the wonderful Eaglesoft Twink.

I wish they would do a Grumman Tiger/Cheetah!They're killing me with the boat anchor radios though. Is there any reason why they won't design their aircraft with newer avionics?
I agree that swappable avionics would be nice. But I love the old stuff. Call me old school, nostalgic, or crazy. I guess if I ever get a chance to fly something with Garmin I will learn to appreciate digital gauges and radios. All of my previous military and civilian flying has been in old aircraft with early generation radios. So I can relate to the old radios modeled in the Carenado products.Keith

Keith Guillory

Guest rdg
I agree that swappable avionics would be nice. But I love the old stuff. Call me old school, nostalgic, or crazy. I guess if I ever get a chance to fly something with Garmin I will learn to appreciate digital gauges and radios. All of my previous military and civilian flying has been in old aircraft with early generation radios. So I can relate to the old radios modeled in the Carenado products.Keith
It would be nice to have the option at the click of an options button :(

It would be nice to have the option at the click of an options button :(
Yes Sir!

Keith Guillory

Have to agree here with the night lightening... issue. I own almost all Carenado planes since the birth of FS9 and i am more than satisfied (specially with the true FSX models) - well except the terrible (yes terrible) night visuals. I wouldn't have a problem to spend 5 bucks more on the product for state of the art VC lightening. Fingers crossed...

Guest rdg
Have to agree here with the night lightening... issue. I own almost all Carenado planes since the birth of FS9 and i am more than satisfied (specially with the true FSX models) - well except the terrible (yes terrible) night visuals. I wouldn't have a problem to spend 5 bucks more on the product for state of the art VC lightening. Fingers crossed...
Yep, I agree. Ok lets all send Carenado an email, and ask them to please code in what is ever necessary to have the dome and instrument lights controlled seperately, and that we will be eternally grateful.Bob

Guest byoungblood
3 of the 172s at my club have an old Cessna radio in them, but all of them have had at least one of their radios upgraded with something new. Everything has at least a KX-155 and/or Garmin 430 installed in it, in addition to some of the old King/Cessna radios. Likewise, when the ADFs have failed in these aircraft, they have just opted to remove them instead of replacing them.While I appreciate them trying to keep the airplanes authentic for the period, it takes away some of the value to me to have nothing but those older radios as the only option.

Yep, I agree. Ok lets all send Carenado an email, and ask them to please code in what is ever necessary to have the dome and instrument lights controlled seperately, and that we will be eternally grateful.Bob
I actually did hehe. Hey, can someone post a screenshot at night in the VC. Doesn't matter which plane, I just want to see it cause I was interested in the C182RG.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |