Sign in to follow this  
DF9AA

Winds aloft . . . again

While preparing a flight plan from FRA to HEL I loaded the WX in ASA for the route. For the first 60 miles it showed a northerly wind and then switched to a strong southerly wind - a big surprise since the RW WX situation would call for a northerly later a northeast wind. So I loaded the route in AS6.5 and got the wind situation which could be expected. There is a 180 degree difference between ASA and AS6.5!!Wind in ASA= from NATSU all the way to HEL between 180 and 160 degrees with 60 to later 25 ktsWind in AS6.5= from NATSU to HEL first 355, then 015 later 025 with same wind speeds.Any explanation?See attachment for RW WX!

Hi Jim,NO but I did not fly - just preparing the flt pln . . .

Same situation today . . .Checked several routes in Europe and ALWAYS in ASA the winds are different from those in AS6.5 and the RW wind situation. First I thought this might be a display problem - but it is not. Over central and northern Europe the winds in ASA are not correct.The wind in ASA shows a strong southerly direction whereby the real world wind is clearly NORTH - as shown in AS6.5.BTW: ASX shows also the correct winds - with a few exceptions where a single waypoint shows a SW wind. . .

After flying down to Maderia today, I also witnessed the winds were anywhere to 100

Hi All,This is an issue that has been entered on our bug system.Thanks,

Guest rdg
Hi All,This is an issue that has been entered on our bug system.Thanks,
Jim, do you think the problem with the SF260 losing power/fuel-flow also has something to do with DWC?RegardsBob G

Bob can you keep things on topic please there is absolutely no point in Jim responding to the SF260 power issue here when there is a thread talking about this issue already. It makes it impossible to keep track of issues if they are all in one thread.Thanks.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Bob,No I don't. You can test things out by turning DWC off and then fly with that plane. I can't do that because I don't own that plane!Thanks,