Sign in to follow this  
MOFF

VOR pointers lossed in the 744F

Hi all, after flying the MD11 for the last weeks I decided to go back to the 744 because I don

On the EFIS panel (Cockpit manual 7-15) have you turned the vor/adf left and right switches to the off position? With the ND switched to VOR mode, as per cockpit manual 7-18 to 7-21 you should have VOR frequency etc. displayed to top right of ND?On the backup instrument, the left and right pointers default to ADF so you may have to change them to VOR. I don't know if the EFIS vor/adf switchs affect the backup instrument.Paul Smith

Hi, do you use FSINN? If yes, disable the FS Copilot Add Ons like the radio, chrono etc. in the settings menu. The pointers should be back after restart. Jan-Paul

Thanks guys for your kind replies on this. I don

And here the same situation in the Pax version....But here all is working fine...Best againSteffen

And here the same situation in the Pax version....But here all is working fine...Best againSteffen
I dont understand, in pic1 the vor L pointer is off, on pic2 it's on.. so what is the problemRob

Rob Prest

You may need to set a course in the FMC NAV/RAD page if you want to see the deviation needle. I would also suggest using the CTR button on the VOR/MAP/PLAN knob to see a display like this one:

You may need to set a course in the FMC NAV/RAD page if you want to see the deviation needle. I would also suggest using the CTR button on the VOR/MAP/PLAN knob to see a display like this one:
Hi,yes thats correct for the VOR indication in the ND, but as you can see the standby instrument on the left does not show anything in the cargo version. This instrument work totally independent of any course settings.The setting of the VOR switch in the EFIS panel has nothing to do with the receiving of the VOR, it just adds the VOR needle to the ND in Map mode. So the setting of an course in MCDU NAV/RAD pagedid not change anything in the cargo version, sorry no success.BestSteffen

Hi Steffen, As you can see, my pics were from the cargo version where you can see that the standby instrument is correctly displaying the VOR needle. The use of a course on the FMC NAV/RAD page is to show the deviation bar on the ND, the pink bar offset from the pointer in the ND in my image. If no course has been set, then no deviation can be displayed. You are right in that the VOR/ADF switch should have no effect on the standby instrument, on the other hand, there is no evidence that you are actually recieving a VOR signal to display. Paul Smith.

Hi Steffen, As you can see, my pics were from the cargo version where you can see that the standby instrument is correctly displaying the VOR needle. The use of a course on the FMC NAV/RAD page is to show the deviation bar on the ND, the pink bar offset from the pointer in the ND in my image. If no course has been set, then no deviation can be displayed. You are right in that the VOR/ADF switch should have no effect on the standby instrument, on the other hand, there is no evidence that you are actually recieving a VOR signal to display. Paul Smith.
Dear Paul, please don

Hi Steffen, Sorry for not replying earlier, but I had real world commitments. I am also sorry that you got upset at my attempt to help you. I have been simming since long before 1989, and I still make foolish errors, so I think you are very lucky to be old enough not to make mistakes any more, but that has nothing to do with VOR needles, does it? If you look at your cargo and passenger pics again, you will see that there are a number of differences; the pax VOR is tuned to VDO and that station is correctly identified, a course is set, and the left VOR/ADF switch is set to VOR. In you cargo pic, the station has NOT been identified. No course is set. The distance shown is different. The left VOR/ADF switch is set to off. That suggests that the aircraft is in a different location and that you used different steps to configure it. One of those steps might have been faulty, or one of them might not work correctly.If you would like to reduce these differences (preferably eliminating all of them), then we might be able to find the cause of the problem, and the developers can fix it. The fact that I posted a pic showing the cargo version working perfectly suggests that is not the issue, but that does mean there is no problem, simply that we havn't found them yet. P.S. My english is not always the best either, I hadn't noticed that you had lossed instead of lost until you pointed it out.